Turning photos into vinyl

Pykebird

Featured Posts

Title corrected.

How can you make an LP of a photo?

N

i think she mean's printing a photo onto a vinyl sticker to apply to the boat. i would also be interested in this if anyone can recommend someone who does it.

I can do this at school.

clapping.gif Talk about make people feel inadequate.

I'd be interested to see a finished example of this.

Does anyone know how big you can go from a standard size photo before it starts to become blurry?

:clapping: Talk about make people feel inadequate.

I'd be interested to see a finished example of this.

Does anyone know how big you can go from a standard size photo before it starts to become blurry?

Depends entirely on the viewing distance.

HI can anyone recommend a company who can print photos onto vinyl? I have seen this done to several boats and wondered how easy it would be, thanks in advance.

Sorry wouldn't let me correct, Turning photos into VINYL

Just look for your local sign maker, almost all of them can now do this on a large format inkjet printer. Get a couple of quotes, price can vary quite a lot.

i think she mean's printing a photo onto a vinyl sticker to apply to the boat. i would also be interested in this if anyone can recommend someone who does it.

Sorry. Just being daft. I ought to have included a smiley. unsure.png

What does one do with these photos once rendered onto vinyl?

You stick it somewhere. One boater, moored nearby, has vinyl stickered his whole signwriting plus picture all in one piece of vinyl.

It is necessary to privide the company with the highest resolution photo you can.

Edited by Higgs

Here is one use, This firm nicked a photo off my web site, so you can imagine how low the resolution was to make a pub sign. Even in this photo you can see how pixelated it is.

dc1Xjab.jpg

Edited by ditchcrawler

Here is one use, This firm nicked a photo off my web site, so you can imagine how low the resolution was to make a pub sign. Even in this photo you can see how pixelated it is.

Not so good to have nicked your photo, but at the distance it's going to be viewed, the low resolution isn't too critical. Looks as though they've mixed the photo with a bit of painting.

Not so good to have nicked your photo, but at the distance it's going to be viewed, the low resolution isn't too critical. Looks as though they've mixed the photo with a bit of painting.

They did but it still looked crap, I would have given them a copy if they had asked

It didn't last long

1RQi02x.jpg?1

A lot of bus sides advertisments, roadside hoardings, the posters you see at bus stops and so on are printed onto vinyl.

The finished result is totally dependent on the file size you supply - photo taken on a phone then transferred to a CD for the printers will be rubbish.

A 2-1/4 square photograph negative will get a good result although a 5"X4" will be even better.

A really good high res digital camera will also work but the photo will need to be put through photoshop to sharpen it up.

I would think a lot of digital poster printers would have a large enough printer to be able to print out things of a size suitable for narrow boats.

You would also need to ask about how the Magenta (red) and yellow will stand up to ultra violet rays

• 1 month later...

We've had whole buses and trailers 'wrapped' for special events, advertising and tour names, so a boat panel should be a piece of cake, will need to be the highest megapixel possible as it will be seen close up from the towpath.

The surface will have to be clean, dust, grease and polish-free

Good luck

Edited by Chop!

Sounds simple enough. Can they be removed / put back later? Or is it once on, it stays there until the edges fray and look tatty?

Heat would I think remove them but you wouldn't be able to put one back you would need a new one.