Tall ships at Gloucester 24-27 May

keble

Featured Posts

I'm thinking of going down on Saturday. C&RT advise me that Gloucester Lock will be operating its normal hours, but boat travel through the docks is resticted as below.

I wonder where the boats coming up though the lock are going to go if they can't go through the docks?

Should be an interesting day.....

From C&RT:

"Boat travel through Gloucester Docks during the Tall Ships Festival will only be permitted during the following times:

Friday 24 May – 8am to 11am, 2.30pm to 5pm

Saturday 25 May – 7am to 10am, 12pm to 1pm, 5pm to 7pm

Sunday 26 May - 7am to 10am, 12pm to 1pm, 5pm to 7pm

Monday 27 May – 7am to 10.30am, 12.30pm to 1.30pm, 5pm to 7pm"

Left Gloucester this morning. All the pontoons within the dock are occupied by boats paying £30 for the privilege, there was one space on the long pontoon in front of the lightship and one space by Sainsburys - the one we left.

However, over the 6 weeks we have been on the G & S we have seen boats moored on the offside by the cinema car park.

I guess that you will have to time your trip down river to arrive at Gloucester Lock so as to be able to go straight through the dock without stopping. The dock 'open times' seem to be set to coincide with the tides, if I'm reading the tables correctly.

Regards

Pete