Moorings on the basingstoke canal

James6666

Featured Posts

This is a bit of a genral topic for all,

I've always wanted to get into boating and have been on many boating holidays the only think that has stopped me is the extreme price of mooring for example. Thames for 30ft its about £3000, Wey £2300 and have read its about £1300 on the the Basingstoke Canal.

Because of this I would like to moor on the Basingstoke canal,

I want to buy a viking 26 centre cockpit, but I can't find anywhere to moor it on the basingstoke canal, any recomendations of boat yard or marina's I can moor at (that are under £2000) on any of these rivers or canals.

Thanks in advance,

James

James

There's virtually nowhere on the Basingstoke to moor.

The only places that are possible would be at the Canal Centre (above the Deepcut flight) and at Galleon Marine (Odiham) again above the top of the Deepcut flight and on the far side of the current restriction to navigation at Blacksmith's Bridge.

If you could find someone with an end-of-garden mooring that might help. You could ask the Basingstoke Canal Society if you can put an advertisement in their magazine - contact via their website which is http://www.basingstoke-canal.org.uk/

I would also try ringing the canal centre on 01252 370073

Edited by Leo No2
  • Greenie 1