water from bottom of fridge

magnetman

Featured Posts

I have a 12v danfoss powered fridge. it seems to be a domestic type converted to 12v.

it says Fridgemaster on it.

its a very good fridge but..

there is sometimes a pool of water on the floor and this seems to be related to opening and closing the small freezer compartment.

fridge is on 24/7.

is there something wrong with it or is it something I am doing or not doing?

is there not enough beer in there maybe?

I have a 12v danfoss powered fridge. it seems to be a domestic type converted to 12v.

it says Fridgemaster on it.

its a very good fridge but..

there is sometimes a pool of water on the floor and this seems to be related to opening and closing the small freezer compartment.

fridge is on 24/7.

is there something wrong with it or is it something I am doing or not doing?

is there not enough beer in there maybe?

Hi,

Have you checked the condensation drain hole at the rear of the fridge (inside) is clear. This allows water to drain down onto the condensor and evaporate.

L

Our home fridge did this. It turned out that the legs needed adjusting to suit our less than flat kitchen floor.

Due to the misadjustment the fridge carcase had twisted slightly. The door seal had got less flexible with time, and no longer sealed all the way round. This allowed mosit air from the kitchen to get into the fridge cabinet, which condensed out and ran out through the drain hole faster than the evaporater could boil it off.

Adjusting the feet so that the seal gripped a sheet of paper all the way round solved the problem.

Most fridges Since a very long time ago have a partial defrost cycle built in - My exceedingly aged Batts has one.

Condensate - to the technical, or defrosted water from the plate - to the rest of us, drops into a little channel and (should) run down a pipe outside the fridge onto the top of the compressor (!) where it evaporates.

Well it should do - but the hole inside the unit always gets blocked up. SO it overflows and makes a puddle in the bottom...

I've put a very small cable tie in mine so that I can "rod" it occasionally.

Try to avoid letting anything touch the inside back wall of the fridge (the bit that is intermittently frozen / wet), to avoid contaminating the water that runs off when it defrosts.

Usually, the shelves have a small upstand at the back to help prevent things touching the rear wall, but the shelves often get put back upside-down after cleaning etc.

Edited by Kwacker

Make sure the pipe goes where it should, too.

When I replaced my old fridge it transpired the pipe from the back had been routed down below the fridge and behind the drawer underneath it, to end up resting on the floor. Over time the intermittent dripping had rotted out part of the floor and the end of the kitchen unit, in a corner that couldn't be seen with the fridge in situ. Took quite a while to sort it out.