dry dock near london?????????

squarelips

Featured Posts

Firstly = Bulls bridge the dry dock at tescos is a non working example.... so would ignore that suggestion.

there are also dry docks at winkwell and pitstone, which has a caveat on size/depth..

but like most only handle one boat at a time... which is normal,

and you can only work on one at a time, I know logic says if both are a dock at the same time you could do both,

but would you...?

I'd suggest planning to get them turnover mid week and you can the do the second one,,

Depends on exactly the work you need to do,,,

Firstly = Bulls bridge the dry dock at tescos is a non working example.... so would ignore that suggestion.

there are also dry docks at winkwell and pitstone, which has a caveat on size/depth..

but like most only handle one boat at a time... which is normal,

and you can only work on one at a time, I know logic says if both are a dock at the same time you could do both,

but would you...?

I'd suggest planning to get them turnover mid week and you can the do the second one,,

Depends on exactly the work you need to do,,,

Two or three days is nowhere near enough time to even just carry out simple blacking, it would be a waste of money.

There is still a working dry dock at Bulls Bridge:

https://sites.google.com/site/bullsbridgedocks/

As a matter of interst BW commissioned a survey of Docks in the London area in 2007 which gives a lot of details about their facilities:

http://www.glandwr.com/media/documents/BWL_Strategy_for_the_protection_of_Boatyards_for_BW_London_Region.pdf

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

• 5 months later...

Bulls bridge docks are next to the disused dry dock at Tesco. I had my boat Stretched and blacked there back in July. The service was very professional. Steve, who runs the docks, is very knowledgable and approachable. The service is second to none and it is ideally located for London and the surrounding area.

As he's got a boat in there at the moment, and has had a different boat in every week since I arrived here....

I've not seen anyone DIY-ing there if that's what you meant. It's worth giving him a call, though, as he's friendly enough. You *might* be able to squeeze a pair in, but it'd possibly be too tight for working on them.

As an aside. the wet dock next door is also still in use.

<Edit> <Ding> You probably meant the old dock that's being used as a decorative feature by Tesco, exactly opposite the bridge. The working dry dock is about 100 yards towards Brentford, at the end of Willow Wren Wharf.

Edited by John Williamson 1955