Bacon and Chorizo Rice (Using stuff you can get from any corner shop)

Doodlebug

Featured Posts

Thought i'd share this with you,

It was invented when we couldnt find any food shops, only a petrol station. And for some weird reason almost all petrol stations sell the ingredients.

Ingredients:

1. Pack of bacon
  2. Pack of Chorizo
  3. Tomatoes (Any type)
  4. Rice
  5. Oil
  6. Salt
  7. Spring onions if you have them
  8. Soy sauce
  9. Garlic
  10. Onion
  11. Chilli flakes or chopped chilli is great as well.

Method

• Cook the rice and leave to cool
  • Chop the bacon and chorizo into small squares, or strips if you fancy it
  • Fry with the oil, it can take a while as the water in the bacon boils off, make sure you do it until its stopped bubbling and is starting to brown.
  • Add diced onion and chopped garlic
  • Fry some more
  • Add spring onion if you want and chilli to taste,
  • Fry for another 2 minutes
  • Add tomatoes and keep it going until they are pretty much cooked through,
  • Add the rice and soy sauce and turn it in
  • Fry it for a minute
  • Serve

Try it, its so nice!

A tip on cooking rice (Most people I know can't cook rice very well)

Allow for half a cup of rice per person, wash the rice in the saucepan to get rid of some of the starch.

Add the same volume of water as you have for the rice, i.e. half a cup per person.

Cover and bring to the boil, when its boiling turn it to the lowest heat, and leave it on the hob for about 11-13 minutes.

Take off the lid, using a spoon poke to the bottom of the saucepan, it should be starting to stick to the base.

If so, turn off the heat and put the lid back on for a few minutes, the steam unsticks the stuff sticking to the bottom and makes the rice dry out slightly making it go like you get it in a restaurant.

Fluff up the rice and your done.

Use basmati rice or thai rice. NEVER use easy cook rice, its not easy, and its not tasty either.

Veery good, and ingredients I use often. You might also try Chorizo with egg. Brown the Chorizo, and bacon if you will, then break as many eggs as required, and stir, in a scrambled egg fashion, but leave the egg to set after. Good on bread, or with rice, or with fried potatoes.

Bon appetite

Veery good, and ingredients I use often. You might also try Chorizo with egg. Brown the Chorizo, and bacon if you will, then break as many eggs as required, and stir, in a scrambled egg fashion, but leave the egg to set after. Good on bread, or with rice, or with fried potatoes.

Bon appetite

Thank you,

Oo sounds nice with toast! I'll try that tomorrow

• 5 weeks later...

I will try this, thanks.

However, what petrol station/corner shop stocks chorizo? unsure.png

The Texaco/Spar on the A36, by Dundas Aquaduct :D

Although they now only do the shockingly expensive sliced packets, not the 'proper' saugages anymore.