Crick Weekend Wristbands

baldlimey

Featured Posts

I found last year's to be remarkably resilient after the weekend I tried to break it and ended up getting the scissors out, (could be I'm getting weak in my old age sad.png

Hi,

Just got our rather flimsy paper weekend wristbands, they are never going to survive 3 days, anyone got any sucessful ideas from previous years for protecting them?

Cheers

Peter

I suspect they are made of a similar type of stuff we used to use for patient ID wristbands, they are stronger than they appear. Ours could be got wet too without adverse effects.

Personally I'm not keen on things dangling on my wrists like these wristband things, bracelets or even a watch, cos they could be ever so dangerous for example when climbing a tree to rescue a pussy cat at the show you could slip and lose your footing way up there just as your stretching out at arms length and are a finger tip away from grabbing the dear little beastie, the wristband snags on a twig!!! and bing! your left dangling by one arm from it being wrenched out of its socket, screaming in agony for help and if everyone ignores or don't hear you it could lead to terrible pain and armlessness. You plummet yelling like anything to the ground leaving your arm aswinging and swaying up there in the breeze.

No I think a spot of Hammerite signal red paint daubed on the tip of the punters noses would be much safer and easier to apply.

And the pussy cats still up there grinning down in glee at you. Plus you are now a single handed bloater. closedeyes.gif

Edited by bizzard

Personally I'm not keen on things dangling on my wrists like these wristband things, bracelets or even a watch, cos they could be ever so dangerous for example when climbing a tree to rescue a pussy cat at the show you could slip and lose your footing way up there just as your stretching out at arms length and are a finger tip away from grabbing the dear little beastie, the wristband snags on a twig!!! and bing! your left dangling by one arm from it being wrenched out of its socket, screaming in agony for help and if everyone ignores or don't hear you it could lead to terrible pain and armlessness. You plummet yelling like anything to the ground leaving your arm aswinging and swaying up there in the breeze.

No I think a spot of Hammerite signal red paint daubed on the tip of the punters noses would be much safer and easier to apply.

And the pussy cats still up there grinning down in glee at you. Plus you are now a single handed bloater. closedeyes.gif

I hasted to add that if they attach these bloomin wristbands too tightly they could strangle the wrist restricting the blood flow causing severe pins 'n' needles. Bad cases of overtightening can cause complete blood flow stoppage eventually causing Gangrene to set in, fingers to turn all black and drop off, probably culminating in surgical attention requiring amputation of a hand or indeed a whole arm or even in severe cases your head if it spreads that far. sad.png

I'm planning on taking a trundle over to Crick. Having never been before i'm not sure what to expect. Is there an obvious highlight over the weekend, i.e. is one of the days better than the other, the evenings etc?

At the moment Julia Bradburycloud9.gif is sealing it for me.

THREE DAYS?! Is there really three days' worth of stuff to see at Crick?

MtB

Not a full three days but if you want to see all the exhibits and if you have not been before and want perhaps to chill a bit too, then spreading across three days is no bad thing.

Not a full three days but if you want to see all the exhibits and if you have not been before and want perhaps to chill a bit too, then spreading across three days is no bad thing.

Really? Half a day to browse the stands, then two days to queue for the show boats I suppose

Richard

Really? Half a day to browse the stands, then two days to queue for the show boats I suppose

Richard

Each to their own, from memory on our first time we went we also spent time walking the towpath in the area and having a nose at the boats in the brokers, and at abnb, a few beers were had too and spent time just 'people watching'.

Going back now I doubt we would go for a three day pass but first timers might want consider it.

Going back now I doubt we would go for a three day pass but first timers might want consider it.

Yes three days is okay if you are in the market to buy your first boat but three hours should be ample to cover the stuff aimed at seasoned boaters (then a few hours in the beer tent).