Miserable Marina boaters And long term moorers

gregg62

Featured Posts

I once said this before , about 3 years ago , when I go past marinas or boaters with long term moorings , no one talks to me or says hi, it's like I am invisible , then when I get past , boaters talke and say hi, so i f paying fortunes and never moving gives you the hump , sell up and go bye a house , and to every one else have a beautiful hot weekend , on the cut, from the invisible man ,

Edited by gregg62

I once said this before , about 3 years ago , when I go past marinas or boaters with long term moorings , no one talks to me or says hi, it's like I am invisible , then when I get past , boaters talke and say hi, so I am going this if paying fortunes and never moving gives you the hump , sell up and go bye a house , and to every one else have a beautiful hot weekend , on the cut, from the invisible man ,

I think I know what your getting at, but its not entirely true.

But I've had similar experience.

Long term moorers sometimes put their heads out to say "slow down". ( so they don't speak to me that often)

But I guess they get fed up saying hello to everyone who passes.

They may be jealous your on the move.

Well they would be, if they knew you (Mr Invisible)were ever there of course!

Could it be that boaters in marinas and on long term moorings just get a bit tired of continually being expected to wave and grin every time a boat goes past? Having said that, a nod and a smile doesn't take too much effort.

Put a pic of your boat on here (I assume you have a boat) and I promise to wave if I see it. On a sunny day 20 boats can pass me so I can't guarantee I'll be looking.

If you want to generate conversation having a talking piece can help, such as an unusual dog.

Edited by system 4-50

We moor on line right by a lock and to be honest I just CBA waving and saying Hello to every tom dick and harry. Would you wave and say hello to every passing car if you were parked in your car in a layby?

We wave - but at an average of around five to six boats a day in high season it's not that hard.

Sometimes the commercial skippers are too pre occupied to wave back but I wouldn't dream about moaning about it on here if they can't.

the lack of enthusiasm is not the reserve of certain boaters. The other morning it was bright, warm and sunny and i was loading the car ready for a few days on the boat, so my mood was as bright as the weather, returning to the house i was met by an elderly couple " mid 70s ish " i would guess, as they approached a gave them a beaming smile and a hearty Good Morning, they both looked back as though i had pissed on their cornflakes, not a flicker of a smile or a wink of an eye in response. Perhaps its just me, but some people are simply rude, Or perhaps with my wide grin they regarded me as a threat or some kind of retard.

the lack of enthusiasm is not the reserve of certain boaters. The other morning it was bright, warm and sunny and i was loading the car ready for a few days on the boat, so my mood was as bright as the weather, returning to the house i was met by an elderly couple " mid 70s ish " i would guess, as they approached a gave them a beaming smile and a hearty Good Morning, they both looked back as though i had pissed on their cornflakes, not a flicker of a smile or a wink of an eye in response. Perhaps its just me, but some people are simply rude, Or perhaps with my wide grin they regarded me as a threat or some kind of retard.

There's nothing worse, in my opinion, than soggy, salty, cornflakes

Being in their 70's they've probably pissed on their own cornflakes

Whoops didn't mean to offend anyone who does do that.

Its only boater who greet and speak to strangers for no reason. Try it on the train or underground and they will think you have been on the shurbet