2LW For Sale on Ebay

mark99

Featured Posts

Shiny!

$(KGrHqVHJEwFFy,lgeEwBRgm7sHN3!~~60_12.J

Richard

Yes, but I'd have thought for that sort of money they would at least fix the broken decompressor lever. Makes you wonder what else hasn't been fixed.

Bolt missing from flywheel housing and no cover for timing inspection aperture, easily fixed but...

Tim

Edited by Timleech

if memory serves this exact engine was up for sale a while back on the duck and there was a video link can't find it at the mo. looked like the timing was just about in the same county as it should be for the amount of smoke it was chucking out.

For the money I would be wanting receipts or photos proving the work and that should include a shot with the crank removed....

Edited by martyn 1

I think I saw your boat at Stone when you were working on it. Looked a bit sooty lol.

Well, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster adventure, and some bits are still charcoaled, but she's afloat, and the Lister is going strong.

Blimey you could get a Kelvin K1 for that, WITH a gearbox.....

MtB

Err.....! true, but most Kelvin owners I know always seem to be polishing all the brass and taking them to bits - trying to get them to start (a convoluted operation even on a good day).

At least with a Gardner you just turn the key and off it goes - or if you are feeling energetic you can hand crank them ( I recall seeing a 6L2 started from cold by hand).

Leo.

Err.....! true, but most Kelvin owners I know always seem to be polishing all the brass and taking them to bits - trying to get them to start (a convoluted operation even on a good day).

At least with a Gardner you just turn the key and off it goes - or if you are feeling energetic you can hand crank them ( I recall seeing a 6L2 started from cold by hand).

Leo.

Yes,

I heard the other day that you have a neighbour with a Kelvin that seems determined to save his diesel!