London Cavalcade - Who Is Going?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

We are thinking about whether we can make time to go up to Town and see the Cavlacade one day over the weekend, (by train, sadly - no boat possible).

So who will be going along, either by boat, or otherwise?

If anybody is on for a micro-banter, please advise!

Alan & Cath

I dont go to cavalcade due to the fact that last time I went my allocated mooring was somewhere near Kensal Green and I had booked 365 days in Advance!

Same with The IWA National,

I wish some of them travelling down would make the effort to drop paddles when leaving the locks. Quite a few grumpy ones heading down ;-)

Except of course those locks where there are CRT signs saying please leave empty with one paddle up due to leaky lock walls wink.png

Sorry, won't be at Cavalcade this year but hope you all have a lovely time. Weather looks perfect. icecream.gif

D

I dont go to cavalcade due to the fact that last time I went my allocated mooring was somewhere near Kensal Green and I had booked 365 days in Advance!

Same with The IWA National,

Yes, we only once had good moorings for a National. Last time I went Steve only booked 6 weeks before and was closer than I was, to cap it all they rang him and apologies for how far out he was. Last time at Cavelcade the inside boat wasn't even booked in, hadn't paid and didn't intend to.I booked the year before and was on the outside of it.

Volunteer to help and you get a decent mooring

No point PPB ignores me, I believe its something to do with what I said at the Worcester national, something to do with drinking in a brewery...........

No point PPB ignores me, I believe its something to do with what I said at the Worcester national, something to do with drinking in a brewery...........

She ignores me as well, but she isn't the chief. :-))

A lovely array of w/boats and other boats going past Uxbridge on there way to little Venice. Didn't think the people on Fmc Dove would get under the M40 bridge as they noses were stuck right up.

Darren

Don't know you, didn't see you, but we will make a special effort on the way back if it pleases

Well somehow we managed to miss just about everybody, but not quite all!

I never quite know why London always leaves me so worn out, but we have just got back, and I am absolutely totally exhausted!

Volunteer to help and you get a decent mooring

I did and I didn't, I was in the IWA marque trying to flog memberships.

It didn't help

Popped along to Little Venice in my lunch break this afternoon, and it was absolutely heaving. I thought there were more stalls and activites than usual. Moving the stalls off the south side of Browning's Pool up onto Warwick Crescent is a good move -- it makes it much less congested and easier to walk around.

It didn't help

Ah! There is volunteering and volunteering :-)) it does take a year of helping to set the festival up rather than a few hours on a stall.

It didn't help

Ah! There is volunteering and volunteering :-)) it does take a year of helping to set the festival up rather than a few hours on a stall.