Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
MJG

Snow.......!!

Featured Posts

Would you believe it!!

Had it on my birthday before on 23rd April but I can't recall it after in recent memory at least.

It was glorious sunshine an hour ago......sad.png

Thankfully it hasn't laid nor have I yet got the BBQ out.

Sure it's not dandruff?

Where are you?

Home TS12

ts12-postcode-map.png

Sun's back out now but it's still cold...

Edited by The Dog House

I remember it snowed in Leicestershire in the first week of June 1976, as I'd got my first boating holiday booked for the 2nd week ..... which thankfully turned out blisteringly hot.

I remember it snowed in Leicestershire in the first week of June 1976, as I'd got my first boating holiday booked for the 2nd week ..... which thankfully turned out blisteringly hot.

I remember that well too. We had 2 guys with us who wanted to experience the joys of commercial boating, and we took Towcester and Bude to Gopsall on the Moira cut to load coal with them wrapped up like Egyptian mummies. The second (sweltering) week we were travelling to the Thames and bagging the coal up for delivery to the Thames lock keepers, and they were wearing nothing much but knotted handkerchiefs on their heads. It didn't seem to put them off the idea of boating though, as we've seen them occasionally since.

Edited by Tam & Di

My son was born on 21st April 1967 in the middle of a snowstorm

That's the day of my birth, however a few years earlier. 14 to be more precise.

Martyn

Just had, Thunder and lightning, and a serious hail storm........

Nice summer so far.

I was out cutting the grass at about 3pm, nice bit of sunshine, then this white stuff started coming down. It could best be described as "soft hail" but to me that is snow. Lasted about 10 minutes and then the sun came out again. Seems it's not going to be some nice at the weekend, which is a shame, but typical.

Packing for camping holiday now and hailstones coming down thick and fast here! Bloody typical!

We're camping right by the canal just outside Christleton, Chester.

Anybody in the area?

Janet

Hi Janet

We're on our boat at golden nook farm just outside christleton, been here since last Sunday and staying till Tuesday next week, would have taken the boat away for the week but have been repainting her, let me know when your near here be good to have a cuppa and a natter

Nik

The good thing about this kind of weather at this time of year is that when the sun comes out, it feels lovely and warm, even if it was hailing or snowing 10 minutes before.

The weekend is going to be similar, showers and sunshine.

just watched the bairn win his league cup final 4-2! The weather was lovely, until just after the champagne spraying ended! Then hail, snow, wind rain! Perfect timing!

Trundling down the M11 around 4pm this afternoon and low and behold, somewhere just north of Bishop's Stortford Services a very brief flurry of snow followed by hail attacked me.

Of course, all a recent departed Prime Minister's fault........bitch!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this