Fire at New Mills Marina

kiki

Featured Posts

All safe and sound fortunatly but one of the units at the top of the marina, luckily just behind a nice thick wall, which is used to fix up old cars went up in smoke last night. We had a very ineresting evening sitting in our robes, PJ's etc, and watching the action (for this read: 12+ firemen). The reason I am sharing this with you is because of the amazing reaction of one of the boaters. While gas botles were exploding, paint tins exploding, firemen desperatly trying to put out this fire, and the water pump going crazy in the canal, one of the boaters who lives in a plastic rat at the end of the moorings came out and yelled at the fireman to switch the ****%%^% pump of, or they and it would land in the cut - they had woken him up.

Words fail me - eventually the fire chief came down to try and calm him down but he was giving it all that !!! How much more self absorbed can one person get ???

The firemen did apologise for keeping us all awake but we thanked them for providing such an entertainment as no one was hurt....I called after them that they were my hero's and that I loved them all.....the Much Beloved at this point did remind me that he was standing "right here" - well of course I knew that !!

So today we are without electricity but its being reconnected. Luckily as I say no one hurt and the unit is insured.

The longer I served as a firefighter the more convinced I became that the world is full of thick [deleted]

Mind you I did used to wage what seemed sometimes to be a one man battle to ensure that brigade orders were adhered to - they stated that only one appliance should have its blues on at an incident. This to indicate which appliance was running the show.

To my mind there was not much more inconsiderate than a line of appliances parked on a street, each one with it's blues on and its engine running unnecessarily - showboating!

Edited by NB Alnwick
Inappropriate term deleted.

We came past about 3 weeks ago and our hearts went out to all you living there. It certainly looked different to what it did 5 years ago when we visited the boatmaker. Sadly, there didnt appear to anyone on your boat at the time Kiki else we would have given you a wave.

Pleased to hear everyone is OK though.

:D It always makes me laugh when friends of mine's Pinterest updates appear on Facebook. I don't used Pinterest but if I understand it correctly, it's a virtual way of tacking up pictures and notes on some kind of personal noticeboard. The automatic updates that Pinterest sends to Facebook start with the person's name and go something like "Muriel Jones pinned to a board on Pinterest..."

It always makes me want to make some kind of smart-arsed comment like "oh my GOD, are you alright? can you get down?"

The header for this post is a little unfortunate...

Fire at New Mills Marina

Started by Kiki

Chris G

The Scilly light vessel on the shipping forecast always used to amuse me - they never mentioned the Clever light vessel !!!! tongue.png

Alex

Is this the same marina that has had its fair share of problems recently reported on here?

I remember seeing reports of offices getting done over and car tyres being slashed?

Was anyone ever caught for those offences? If not is it thought that it is connected?