rude boat names

magnetman

Featured Posts

I saw a boat named DILLIGAF. It seemed an quirky name perhaps formed from a mix of two peoples names or some such at first until it dawned on me that it was on of those acronyms beloved of text messages etc. Well, I was born in a more innocent time and have led a sheltered life.rolleyes.gif

It's a song by blue Aussie comic Kevin Bl**dy Wilson: link

On a different tack I know but we followed a builders van the other day and they were called .... Stoned and plastered

I don't want to go off topic but there's a paving merchant at this marina called Slab & Tickle :)

I saw a boat named DILLIGAF. It seemed at first a quirky name perhaps formed from a mix of two peoples names or some such at until it dawned on me that it was one of those acronyms beloved of text messages etc. Well, I was born in a more innocent time and have led a sheltered life.rolleyes.gif

There is a boat of this name down on the Broads and the owner looks and lives up to the name.

Phil

Dylan Thomas wrote 'Under Milk Wood' as a play for radio, broadcast by the BBC in the early '50's. How did he get away with Llaregub (the 'u' takes on an 'i' sound as in 'it' in this context) and Llamedos?

The same way as Peter Sellers got away with his character Hugh Jampton, Auntie was very naive.