Fair Warning!! Camouflage Boat on Trent & Mersey

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Surely no more difficult than any other piece of property you bought and paid for.

"I own this watch - I bought it from this person - here is the receipt - that thief stole it from me"

What if you bought your boat 25 years ago, use it one per year or less, and just let it languish.. this is the type of boat they seem to take. Presumably you could prove you've paid for its licence.

Its not like a car, where proof of ownership is easier, though..

I am certainly not trying to condone these criminals. I sincerely hope they get stopped / caught etc, as I live "on their patch", and constantly worry when I'm not on the boat what they are up to...

Ahh, the old 'criminals wif a 'eart'

Them Kray boys, they was proper gentleman, always said hello to me old mum. What, my teeth, no, that was my own fault...

Another man who had his head nailed to the floor was Stig O' Tracey.

Another man who had his head nailed to the floor was Stig O' Tracy. Rogers: I've been told Dinsdale Piranha nailed your head to the floor.Stig:	No.  Never.  He was a smashing bloke.  He used to buy his mother	flowers and that.  He was like a brother to me.Rogers: But the police have film of Dinsdale actually nailing your head to	the floor.Stig:	(pause) Oh yeah, he did that.Rogers: Why?Stig:	Well he had to, didn't he?  I mean there was nothing else he could do,	be fair.  I had transgressed the unwritten law.Rogers: What had you done?Stig:	Er...  well he didn't tell me that, but he gave me his word that it was	the case, and that's good enough for me with old Dinsy.  I mean, he	didn't *want* to nail my head to the floor.  I had to insist.  He	wanted to let me off.  He'd do anything for you, Dinsdale would.Rogers: And you don't bear him a grudge?Stig:	A grudge!  Old Dinsy.  He was a real darling.Rogers: I understand he also nailed your wife's head to a coffee table.	Isn't that true Mrs O' Tracy?Mrs O' Tracy: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.Stig:	Well he did do that, yeah.  He was a hard man.	Vicious but fair.

No exaggeration there then, do you think they use the cruiser to sneak in and out of the marinas?

Even if they don't there are some real rich pickings lined up on the towpath tonight all the way down to Willington.

IMG_0932.jpg

No exaggeration there then, do you think they use the cruiser to sneak in and out of the marinas?

Even if they don't there are some real rich pickings lined up on the towpath tonight all the way down to Willington.

IMG_0932.jpg

Why don't they camouflage the plastic boat too?

Kinda gives the game away.

Just been to the back of the boat to chain the bike up. Spent fifty quid on it today, bits and pieces.. There was a coot on the rudder. I was rattling the chain and making plenty of noise fiddling with the damned thing (chain, that is) , torch in my mouth. Coot didn't move. They make quite a noise - got a guard coot.

Edited by Higgs

IMG_0932.jpg

Why not just use the cammo boat. I can't see a reason to use the cruiser when the other boat would do just as well.

I do hope somebody has tipped Robert and the staff off in the office at Mercia about the proximity of this boat and the possible risk it poses to boats in the marina.

They do have a security presence and CCTV so it would be good for them to get a heads up.

Why not just use the cammo boat. I can't see a reason to use the cruiser when the other boat would do just as well.

I do hope somebody has tipped Robert and the staff off in the office at Mercia about the proximity of this boat and the possible risk it poses to boats in the marina.

They do have a security presence and CCTV so it would be good for them to get a heads up.

They've even got cameras in the shower blocks now. We've had a few cave people around.

Walking around this morning, 'good morning this', and 'hi that'; no one had anything untoward to mention. Think I'm going to train the birds around here. I'll show them a picture of the cam boat and an oven ready chicken, and scream at the same time.

Walking around this morning, 'good morning this', and 'hi that'; no one had anything untoward to mention. Think I'm going to train the birds around here. I'll show them a picture of the cam boat and an oven ready chicken, and scream at the same time.

Strikes me that they could, as has been suggested, be looking in on the forum to see how their comings and goings are being reported and if clocked in a particular area they move on for fear of being linked to any thefts in the vicinity of their boat.

I would say keep the sightings coming because as soon as they go off the forum radar the 'mysterious vanishing of fellow boaters property' will likely start again.

Strikes me that they could, as has been suggested, be looking in on the forum to see how their comings and goings are being reported and if clocked in a particular area they move on for fear of being linked to any thefts in the vicinity of their boat.

I would say keep the sightings coming because as soon as they go off the forum radar the 'mysterious vanishing of fellow boaters property' will likely start again.

Agreed, if these folk are up to no good, then a running report on their whereabouts must really help.

Have you ever tried silently paddling a steel narrowboat around a marina at 4 am?

Don't think I'm far off the right answer if I say that I think that very few (if any at all) will be able to say "yes".

Peter.

Actually if the wind gets up in the marina near where they were last moored they would be hard pressed to paddle a boat of any description.

Hi all I am a new member so you may not believe what I am about to tell - but it is fact. I have a cabin cruser (1st boat ever!!) currently not working, the Camo boat saw us and asked if we wanted to sell - offered cash and their little cruiser. We said no but knew of someone who did have a cruiser for sale - a very neglected one (boat name 'My Way'). They BOUGHT it - were given key and safety cert. However I have since been told that unknown by the owner/seller someone else has claimed the boat, as i say I'm new to all this but apparently if a boat is unlicenced anyone can go to BWW and claim it??

Now this boat claimer is saying the Camo Boat has stolen their boat - which I supose if they had leagally claimed it they would believe this - but for the sake of fair play, despite the Camo Boat crew obviously living their own way (drugs, alcohol) and looking a little scary, they paid and did all deals appropriatly on this occation and I think it is only right for this to be said.

IMG_0932.jpg

What's with the decoy Santa Claus?