Toilets

oarfish

Featured Posts

Has anyone been ..brave enough to install an incinerating toilet on a UK inland boat? There's a US manufacturer that ships models that work from diesel or propane. At about 18,000 BTU a jobbie that's probably a bit too much for a gas locker. Fine from the diesel tank though. Guessing the main issues would be noise and gassing your neighbours

Waterless incinerating toilet

- Currently 2 different sizes: SR5 and SR12 models
- Propane, natural gas and diesel fueled
- 12V DC, 120V AC, and 240V AC
- Leaves minimal residue (sterile ashes)
- Residential and commercial applications
- Easy operating display panel with 2 flush buttons
- Commences incineration process immediately after flushing the toilet – no effluent stays in the burn chamber non-incinerated
- Equipped with small water reservoir for cleaning purposes
- Allows multiple usages in a row
- Bowl liners may be used
- Circuit board that controls burn cycles and operation

18,000 BTU an hour, 40 minutes a cycle makes about 65 poos on a 14KG propane cylinder. About 35p each. Their marketing material says 200 'flushes' on 5 gallons., I have not calculated my per-poo pumpout costs but at 1.5 liters a go, it's probably not cheap. Shame there's no apparent way to use any waste heat.

Unit costs I have seen $3,695 for the propane model.

Edited by oarfish

The Cinderella gets 112 flushes from a 14 kg gas bottle.

Not so bad that. Do you know how noisy they are and if they could be vented at towpath height? Could make the drama about visible wood smoke near canal side flat seem tame in comparison.

18,000 BTU an hour, 40 minutes a cycle makes about 65 poos on a 14KG propane cylinder. About 35p each. Their marketing material says 200 'flushes' on 5 gallons., I have not calculated my per-poo pumpout costs but at 1.5 liters a go, it's probably not cheap. Shame there's no apparent way to use any waste heat.

Unit costs I have seen $3,695 for the propane model.

But we only want to spend a penny! rolleyes.gif