Caring for my Bethsaida cratch cover

Salopgal

Featured Posts

Hi

The boat we have bought has a newish cratch cover by Bethsaida Covers. I wonder whether you have top tips on keeping it really well maintained? The previous owner said a mild detergent solution to get rid of bird poo on the outside, but I notice that the clasps and catches are already weathering and rusting slightly, so wonder whether you have ideas on how to slow that process down or better still cease it completely?

I did wonder whether some vaseline on the catches would do it, or is that a no no?

All ideas and previous experience of caring for this lovely piece of equipment would be most welcome.

Regards K

I use ACF-50 "oil", or grease, as appropriate, on virtually everything that needs to be prevented / slowed down from rusting / corroding - mainly vehicle-related but increasing finding things to apply it to on the boat as well.

It is superb at arresting corrosion and lasts months between applications, or years if not exposed to driving rain, e.g. in the engine compartment

Nick