Moving boat - best laid plans...

Salopgal

Featured Posts

Learned today that my helming partner for moving boat next weekend can't make it after all.

Am pinning hopes on my cousin being free as he's been on a narrowboat before and been at the tiller, but if he isn't free and other boaty contacts can't assist, am I best posting a request for help on the crew pages here? I've got the whole of next week off work, so need to try and move her over 2 days between 20th and 28th if at all possible (Swanley to Blackwater Meadow).

Hey ho - am rolling with the punches.... when one door closes, another one opens and sometimes it's a better one too, said she optimistically...

Still looking forward to helmsman course tomorrow tho' - bit nervous, but excited!! :)

Yes, I'd suggest posting a request...

If we were free, we'd come and help, but it's a bit far for us.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Janet

I thought you'd go anywhere to go boating Janet ????

Hope the course went well today

Yes, it was great. 2 days deffo the way to go, you learn so much. Wind gusts were awful but what a great way to learn, thrown in at the deep end (metaphorically speaking only).

Boat move sorted. Got cousin on the case and someone the marina recommended. Thanks for best wishes and offers of help.

Regards K

I thought you'd go anywhere to go boating Janet ????

Indeed I would! If we had the holiday days to spare, we'd have been there...

Glad to hear the course went well...we did a one day course and it was most useful. I was amazed how much we learned.

Janet