Helmsman course next week - can't wait!

Salopgal

Featured Posts

Yay! Going on a 2 day helmsman course next week before moving the boat to new moorings. Really looking forward to the course and the move - feel a bit stupid that I don't have waterproof trousers yet, but think the hubby's giant fishing overtrousers are way too bulky to borrow!

Hope I do OK and am worthy of a certificate at the end of the course... we shall see...

New life around the corner, getting closer every day!!! :)

Yay! Going on a 2 day helmsman course next week before moving the boat to new moorings. Really looking forward to the course and the move - feel a bit stupid that I don't have waterproof trousers yet, but think the hubby's giant fishing overtrousers are way too bulky to borrow!

Hope I do OK and am worthy of a certificate at the end of the course... we shall see...

New life around the corner, getting closer every day!!! smile.png

Good luck with the course, I'm sure you will enjoy it, learn a lot and come away brimming with confidence ready to take on whatever you encounter.

Phil

Enjoy It, don't forget your passport photo for your RYA Cardcaptain.gif .

I found it very informative and a very enjoyable day. I paticually liked turning round (winding) on the river Severn and lock work around Stourport Basin. I had never been on a narrowboat and it gave me great confidence in boat handling and lock operation.

A fortnight later I was single handling my own 50 ft boat 53 miles, It went well and I found the whole experiance great.

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

Who are you doing it with? Whilst everything is important, I found the bit on reversing went over my head at the time, but came to me over time with my own boat.

It's with DragonFly Narrowboat training at Swanley Marina, near Nantwich Cheshire, where our boat is moored. I think there are just 2 or 3 people on each course and I went for the 2 days because I'm a slow learner (bear of little brain) and need to be told most things at least twice! Hey, I know my own limitations - well some of them anyroad... :)