Useful booklets/Reference Library

Oliver

Featured Posts

What about a 'Reference Library' where people could post links to useful tehnical books?

I asked a question about Freeboard and the Declaration of Conformity and Amicus posted a link to the Inland Waterways Small Passenger Boat Code which has information about that plus what looks like other interesting stuff.

Sam,

I can quite understand why you wish to promote your own site, but to continually do so on someone elses website is really taking the p***! In spite of what you believe it is promotion because there are numerous sites out there that have links to other canal sites yet you chose only to mention your own. Hence its Promotion!!! I regularly visit this site and quite frankly am getting bored by your continued self promotion I'm sure others probably feel the same way.

So, please be fair to Jon and his colleagues who are operating a great site, they dont need this kind of hassle.

:D

Sam,

I can quite understand why you wish to promote your own site, but to continually do so on someone elses website is really taking the p***! In spite of what you believe it is promotion because there are numerous sites out there that have links to other canal sites yet you chose only to mention your own. Hence its Promotion!!! I regularly visit this site and quite frankly am getting bored by your continued self promotion I'm sure others probably feel the same way.

So, please be fair to Jon and his colleagues who are operating a great site, they dont need this kind of hassle.

:D

The thread topic is " Useful booklets/Reference Library " how or why would "a massive website dedicated to listing websites and businesses " benefit the users here ? I was looking for a booklet on tying knots.. :)

merely my two bobs worth

Les

Edited by Inspector Gadget

Les.

In fairness to Toby, he was I think refering to the fact Sam has been sending private messages to many of us promoting his personal interests in some way, so there was no appropriate thread in which to place his comments.

But you are quite right we should try to stay with the subject of the thread.

If there is one thing to be said in Sams' favour, his standards of literacy are such that it is near impossible to understand what point he is making anyway

Edited by John Orentas

Les.

In fairness to Toby, he was I think refering to the fact Sam has been sending private messages to many of us promoting his personal interests in some way, so there was no appropriate thread in which to place his comments. 

But you are quite right we should try to stay with the subject of the thread.

If there is one thing to be said in Sams' favour, his standards of literacy are such  that it is near impossible to understand what point he is making anyway

my apologies if I offended anyone with my remarks

I couldnt agree more John, it is refreshing indeed to find sharp witty characters that are not only tollerated but encouraged , and a forum as good as this one has to be congratulated on its content and members input, however as with most things in life when we are constantly seeking something, rarely do we find it without the help of others for which I thank the person that posted the animated knot tying page :D

Les

Hi Richard.

Spelling and literacy are very far from being the same thing, perhaps I was a bit harsh in my comments about Sam. I have known a few like him over the years, they usually end up as millionaires.

Nothing to do with Sam, but I am reminded of an exchange in the House of Commons. I think it was Disralli who said of the leader of the opposition, "He will either die on the gallows or of the pox"

His opponent replied, "That depends on wether I embrace your principles or your wife".

OK guys, if there is anyone going to pass judgement on peoples posts then please let it be members of the site crew. Lets try not make posts so personal!

As for spelling etc, it is important, but different people have different abilities, so lets not make judgement on this either.

As for the original suggestion, this will be actioned when I can find time!

Cheers

Jon