Leaving the K and A

Bunny

Featured Posts

Below Fobney two trees down on opp sides of the cut , if you miss one the other will get you. Thought I had broken my arm, but it saved my face and head , just some bumps. The boat behind almost lost their crew, Kennet running well last Sunday, no problems apart from the trees. Had no chance in missing the second tree because you are avoiding the first , which hides the second tree. Bunny

Below Fobney two trees down on opp sides of the cut , if you miss one the other will get you. Thought I had broken my arm, but it saved my face and head , just some bumps. The boat behind almost lost their crew, Kennet running well last Sunday, no problems apart from the trees. Had no chance in missing the second tree because you are avoiding the first , which hides the second tree. Bunny

Have you informed the CaRT?

Dave

Going upstream not too much off a problem. Downstream going a far lick as I said if one doesn't get you the other will. Bunny

Glad your all safe, how far have you got?

We got to tattenhall yesterday, seems ok. Shared the last few locks with some guys who left the K&A three weeks ago! They did 12 hr days but came a different route straight through brum, when i told them it had only taken me 8 days they were gutted, i let them stew for a few locks then mentiond the lorry at the start :lol:

We have moored at Rugby for to-night , had 2 half days , so all in all 7days to get here from Aldermaston, not hurried really. Stephen now in the weed hatch. Loads of rope and a bit knot. Very strange only 2 other boats here when we got here at 5pm. Glad you arrived safe and sound and are looking forward to exploring the area. Have fun . Bunny

We got to tattenhall yesterday, seems ok. Shared the last few locks with some guys who left the K&A three weeks ago! They did 12 hr days but came a different route straight through brum, when i told them it had only taken me 8 days they were gutted, i let them stew for a few locks then mentiond the lorry at the start :lol:

Hope all ok with you..missed you (& Spike!) as walked across Hungerford Marsh yesterday!

Yes they should be cutting down the trees, but the 'canal' below Fobney lock is a navigable part of the river Kennet and therefore liable to flood conditions. Ref the website that shows the E.A Thames conditions also list upstream of Blakes Lock ( the last E.A. lock off the Thames onto The Kennet) when that shows red boards then not advisable to move down from Fobney. Blakes lock has been red alot this winter and I dont think there has been a time when the trees could be tackled, also will take a while to get workboats ect in place, could take a matter of weeks maybe months. Bunny