winding the boat

Trix

Featured Posts

I'm at tyle mill facing.the wrong way , long story ,according to Nicholson the Weir entrance that allows the water to flow under the mill is a winding hole , my question is as the water is flowing quite fast which way to turn ? I'm going upstream so do I head for the Weir then turn left into the flow towards the canal bank or keep left turning right into the Weir mouth , hope that makes sense

My number one choice would be to moor on the long term moorings on the left opposite the winding hole if there is space. Take a turn around something solid on the bank with the stern line, push the front out and let the current make the turn for you. If that isn't possible then I'd be tempted to lock through Tyle Mill and try the same where the weir stream branches off from the lock cutting.

thanks for the reply , i attempted it tonight and with a little learnt we spun ok , i thought it was all about power but its more about working out the wind and current