Ironing

1agos

Featured Posts

What type of iron is suitable for a narrowboat when away from shore power. Have seen 240/12v products for sale but do these consume power like an electric kettle. Not for me you understand (I dont mind the creased look) but the wife.....

What do you use?

Do you have an inverter fitted? if so there are quite a few small travel irons which might do the trick...think some even have steam facility now.

If you dont then the 12v market is more limited and I reckon any that you find would have quite a hefty current drain....

Have found these though....

http://www.cottagecraftworks.com/self-sufficient-living-butanegasoline-clothes-irons-c-42_125_108.html

Cheers

Gareth

What type of iron is suitable for a narrowboat when away from shore power. Have seen 240/12v products for sale but do these consume power like an electric kettle. Not for me you understand (I dont mind the creased look) but the wife.....

What do you use?

I use a Morphy Richards Voyager 800w travel steamm iron, whether on mains or inverter, it's brilliant, I wouldn't go back to one of those big clumsy irons now!

What do you use?

I strongly suspect that, generally speaking, power consumption = efficiency of iron & quality of result.

So the iron you get should be determined by the availability of electrical power when you're not on shoreline - (what inverter will you have?)

And, my wife has plenty of creases, but I'm quite used to them now, and find them charming.

Mum always used a Tilley Paraffin Iron, up to the point when she stopped obsessively ironing everything :P

Seeing as she wont let me have it though, I personally have to use a flat iron.

I believe that Phillips make a 'leccy friendly iron though

What do you use?

I don't own an iron. The ironing lady does it far better than I would anyway.