Wish me luck!

Featured Posts

At last the time has come and i shall be a boater come Friday. :cheers:

For the last 2 years i`ve spent every spare minute fitting out my 65ft narrowboat and the launch is on Friday at Mercia Marina,if you`re over that way say hello,i`ll be the one with panic stricken face and no finger nails.

I would like to say thanks to the forum i`ve learnt a lot just by reading the posts,other thanks must go to XR & D Boatbuilders for an excellent shell,Ally and Neil at Beacon Boats for there help and advise and Mark (NB Willawaw) for the design of the electrical systems.

Does anyone know if its possible to pick up a licence in person as i don`t think there`s time to do it by post, and the marina office said it must be licenced before it can go in the water?

Yaye Phil! Good luck, & congrats on finishing! Go to sawley or another c&rt office, fill the form, & they will give you a temp license & send it all off.

good luck for the launch, it'll be fine! Never known a problem with an xr&d hull yet! :)

Oh, & pics please!

My apologies for taking so long to reply to your question Ally, this is the first time on the forum in the last two weeks.

Everything went really well until i found that although i could engage reverse gear there was a lack of engine revs to stop the boat, after a slight collision we came to rest on one of the hire boat pontoons where the problem was soon rectified with an adjustment on the linkages.

Thanks Tree and Puddlejumper for the good wishes.