Residential Mooring Swap

Mrs Mac

Featured Posts

:captain: Hi all,

We are progressing nicely with our plans to live aboard full time and have set a moving date of 31st May!!! eeeek!!!! We are renting a boat from a friend (many thanks to all on the forum who helped with my earlier posts about this process) and now have the problem of finding suitable mooring. We are on waiting lists at various marinas (Galgate, Garstang, Preston and Glasson), but there are no residential moorings available at present.

As we both work full time we need a permanent residential (or Class 1) mooring where we can constantly be based from. The boat is currently at a lovely farm mooring near the Foulridge Tunnel and I wondered if there are any people out there with a mooring on the Lancaster that would be interested in a potential swap. The rent paid to the farmer is £450 a year, plus approx. £850 to CRT.

Does anyone know of somebody wanting to do the opposite move to us? Are there any sites we can advertise on to help find a mooring on the Lancaster? We'll be living on a 57ft x 10ft barge so length of mooring needs to accommodate this.

Any advice/suggestions greatly received! :huh:

:captain: Hi all,

We are progressing nicely with our plans to live aboard full time and have set a moving date of 31st May!!! eeeek!!!! We are renting a boat from a friend (many thanks to all on the forum who helped with my earlier posts about this process) and now have the problem of finding suitable mooring. We are on waiting lists at various marinas (Galgate, Garstang, Preston and Glasson), but there are no residential moorings available at present.

As we both work full time we need a permanent residential (or Class 1) mooring where we can constantly be based from. The boat is currently at a lovely farm mooring near the Foulridge Tunnel and I wondered if there are any people out there with a mooring on the Lancaster that would be interested in a potential swap. The rent paid to the farmer is £450 a year, plus approx. £850 to CRT.

Does anyone know of somebody wanting to do the opposite move to us? Are there any sites we can advertise on to help find a mooring on the Lancaster? We'll be living on a 57ft x 10ft barge so length of mooring needs to accommodate this.

Any advice/suggestions greatly received! :huh:

I know this boat,do you like it?