Boat removed today

Tuscan

Featured Posts

Had a call today from a friend in Marsworth. Evidently police and CRT attended a wide beam ( I understand it had section 8) and removed it to Pitstone where it was craned out and I believe taken to Stockton.

It will be familiar to those of you that know the area as it had what looked like a shed on the back 72 x 10. Used to belong to " wild Billy Barrett" and I had thought his son or someone was living on it. It was a bit run down but the hull was fine if I recall.

Don't know if this is linked to the license thread below , if not then there is a fair bit of activity going on.

Used to belong to " wild Billy Barrett" and I had thought his son or someone was living on it.

Not "Wild Willy Barrett", sometime partner of the sainted John Otway?

I know they're from the Aylesbury, so the location fits.....

MP.

willy, yes it is the same wild willy, hasnt owned that for a while

i saw it last night in marsworth

youngish lad owned it and was meant to be having a new engine put in it last i heard

speaking to someone at the bulbourne yard last night and he had been told to expect a crane there today and he knew it was a widebeam they were meant to be lifting

Not "Wild Willy Barrett", sometime partner of the sainted John Otway?

I know they're from the Aylesbury, so the location fits.....

MP.

Yep the very same, years ago when our friend Nigel at the lock cottage died , we took the piano from the Red Lion and put it into the church for Billy to play that was some funeral and subsequent wake.

willy, yes it is the same wild willy, hasnt owned that for a while

i saw it last night in marsworth

youngish lad owned it and was meant to be having a new engine put in it last i heard

speaking to someone at the bulbourne yard last night and he had been told to expect a crane there today and he knew it was a widebeam they were meant to be lifting

I'd heard his son as on it, but that might be old info, owner working in Portugal ? This from a friend picking up gossip in pub so not sure if it's true

dont think there is any relation

i do vaguely know the lad and i think he may be away at the mo

he had been spending time doing the interior and was starting to make headway

i do hope its not his if he is away

which pub?

knew willy quite well, heard hes back in the county soon doing a gig in chesham folk club but i dont think mary will be singing

knew willy quite well, heard hes back in the county soon doing a gig in chesham folk club but i dont think mary will be singing

15th April

WWB French connection.

Now was anyone here at the Friars Aylesbury gig in the square?

Wild Willy Barrett used to frequent the grand junction arms in bulbourne when I was around that part of the system.

In fact when they refitted the pub I bought the piano for £25 for my sister, and was amused to discover a tuning key inscribed with his name on it under the lid

dont think there is any relation

i do vaguely know the lad and i think he may be away at the mo

he had been spending time doing the interior and was starting to make headway

i do hope its not his if he is away

which pub?

I have moved away but my mate still moors there, mainly go to the Red Lion with occasional visits to Anglers

Had a call today from a friend in Marsworth. Evidently police and CRT attended a wide beam ( I understand it had section 8) and removed it to Pitstone where it was craned out and I believe taken to Stockton.

It will be familiar to those of you that know the area as it had what looked like a shed on the back 72 x 10. Used to belong to " wild Billy Barrett" and I had thought his son or someone was living on it. It was a bit run down but the hull was fine if I recall.

Don't know if this is linked to the license thread below , if not then there is a fair bit of activity going on.

If it is the one I think you mean, then I must admit a slight tinge of sadness if it has really gone.

Undoubtedly one of the more distinctive boats around, particularly a certain ambiguity abot which end might be which!

The strange thing, without hearing the whole story, is that that one surely moved around more than many, and I would have expected other targets to have got hit before that one.

It does make you wonder if overall appearance is unofficially part of how they set their priorities.

I think the width of said boat was quite an illusion - it certainly isn't anything like 10 feet wide, in my view. (Unless we are not talking about the same boat, of course).

The story around here is very much of impending actions against a significant number of boats - this would appear to be the start of it.

I have moved away but my mate still moors there, mainly go to the Red Lion with occasional visits to Anglers

ah im the opposite, regular anglers with occasionals to the red

If it is the one I think you mean, then I must admit a slight tinge of sadness if it has really gone.

Undoubtedly one of the more distinctive boats around, particularly a certain ambiguity abot which end might be which!

The strange thing, without hearing the whole story, is that that one surely moved around more than many, and I would have expected other targets to have got hit before that one.

It does make you wonder if overall appearance is unofficially part of how they set their priorities.

I think the width of said boat was quite an illusion - it certainly isn't anything like 10 feet wide, in my view. (Unless we are not talking about the same boat, of course).

The story around here is very much of impending actions against a significant number of boats - this would appear to be the start of it.

he had it moored for over a year just round from the elsen, but i was lead to believe that he had an arrangement with bw for 1 year which would now be over

its had problem with its engine for a while, recon after recon but the bloke told me he had ordered a brand new engine for it as he was sick of recons not working properly

certainly was/is a memorable boat, stuck at work at the mo and cant get through to a friend in the area to confirm

walked passed it last night, bloody muddy down there

Edited by Fat Boat

Looks like South East area is going to become a no go area for those that do not abide by their licence conditions.

Its been a long time coming but its here at last.

Lets get the full unabridged story on this before you start to applaud CRTs actions!

Lets get the full unabridged story on this before you start to applaud CRTs actions!

I wasn't specifically commenting on this case but I have heard from more than one source there are quite a few boats on the GU that will be having or have had their licences revoked, all I can say is its about time.......

Pretty certain it's 10' beam , yes the shed addition to the cockpit area was unusual. It was definately taken out at Pitstone using a Tuckers low loader. Had been just through the bridge past elsan point had not moved for a long time. The young guy that had it I believe is working in Portugal so may not be aware.

Edited by Tuscan

I wasn't specifically commenting on this case but I have heard from more than one source there are quite a few boats on the GU that will be having or have had their licences revoked, all I can say is its about time.......

Be specific and comment on why you think it is about time CRT revoked licences.

• Greenie 1

Be specific and comment on why you think it is about time CRT revoked licences.

In this area there are quite a few boats that CaRT believe are not complying with the CC guidelines.

As an example there are two that I know of that have been in the same area one for over 10 years and another for 20 years.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.......

One thing disagreeing with opinion but reveling in someone else's misery is grim.

I wish the boat owner well and only hope others don't find themselves in similar predicaments.

Think Loddon is struggling to contain his glee.

Must have been bullied at school.

I am quite keen on people complying with the spirit of the CC regs or at least making the effort to look like they are, but you would never find me taking pleasure in someone possible losing their home.

Sad

Hope you have a nice Easter Loddon and maybe think of the person who has lost his boat and how he may be enjoying it (or not)..

I know who your source is, and you should have some sort of decency when repeating something told to you in confidence!

I know who your source is, and you should have some sort of decency when repeating something told to you in confidence!

Actually you are wrong....

I heard it after the SE moorings meeting from an someone that attended...

Think Loddon is struggling to contain his glee.

Must have been bullied at school.

I am quite keen on people complying with the spirit of the CC regs or at least making the effort to look like they are, but you would never find me taking pleasure in someone possible losing their home.

Sad

Hope you have a nice Easter Loddon and maybe think of the person who has lost his boat and how he may be enjoying it (or not)..

Exactly, I personally don't know anything about this chap but have worked with people who find themselves close to the bottom for years. I guesstimate that it would take an average earner about four months to become homeless if they loose their job and have no family/friends. I myself would be on my arse in three.

Impounding homes is not the answer, CRT are just moving the problem.

I don't know about this instance and to be honest don't care as it doesn't directly affect me

However I am pleased that CaRT have finally got off their backsides and are actually doing some enforcement, its 18 years late but better late than never.

I don't know about this instance and to be honest don't care as it doesn't directly affect me

However I am pleased that CaRT have finally got off their backsides and are actually doing some enforcement, its 18 years late but better late than never.

They came for the scruffy boats, but I was not a scruffy boater.....

Don't forget to shout loud when there is nobody left to help you out of the shit.

Exactly, I personally don't know anything about this chap but have worked with people who find themselves close to the bottom for years. I guesstimate that it would take an average earner about four months to become homeless if they loose their job and have no family/friends. I myself would be on my arse in three.

I must be doing well then as its 5 months since I lost my job and I'm not close yet.

Oh and that's with no benefits as apart from JSA I am not entitled.....might get a bit harder when the mooring And licence are due hopefully things will Have picked up by then.

I must be doing well then as its 5 months since I lost my job and I'm not close yet.

Oh and that's with no benefits as apart from JSA I am not entitled.....might get a bit harder when the mooring And licence are due hopefully things will Have picked up by then.

Sorry, don't care, it doesn't directly effect me

• Greenie 1