postal address ?

panacea

Featured Posts

Hi guys, After 8 years in France we are nearing our return to the cut as liveaboards,we have kept the same banking arrangements ,but how do we insure a car or take out a moble phone contract with no fixed abode, can we just use a friends postal address ? I don't suppose they will accept a mooring address will they ?

Hi guys, After 8 years in France we are nearing our return to the cut as liveaboards,we have kept the same banking arrangements ,but how do we insure a car or take out a moble phone contract with no fixed abode, can we just use a friends postal address ? I don't suppose they will accept a mooring address will they ?

The big problem is with Experian.ad Equifax You won't have an entry on an Electorial register anywhere, You won't have any credit history, you won't even have recent utility bills in your own name. As soon as you apply for a contract phone these will be checked. Registering a car, or insuring simply requires a permanent address where you can be contacted.

I'm sure others on here can advise you better than I, but have you thought about taking out contracts in France, then later when back do a change of address?, just a thought.

hi

we moved back from turkey last year on to a marina and found it very hard to get car insurance

mobile phone / internet connection/driving licence/doctor/TV licence/fishing licence

all the run of the mill things become a problem ( you become a Nomad)

we had to pay £680 insurance for a 10 year old 1.3cc

the bank was no problem have all your statement emailed to you

we used a friends address to get around this until we got a residents mooring at a cost

now we have BT land line cheaper car insurance

if you want more help contact me

Chris & Sandra

hi

we moved back from turkey last year on to a marina and found it very hard to get car insurance

mobile phone / internet connection/driving licence/doctor/TV licence/fishing licence

all the run of the mill things become a problem ( you become a Nomad)

we had to pay £680 insurance for a 10 year old 1.3cc

the bank was no problem have all your statement emailed to you

we used a friends address to get around this until we got a residents mooring at a cost

now we have BT land line cheaper car insurance

if you want more help contact me

Chris & Sandra

Thanks for your advise ,nearer the time for ...re entry.. I will get back to you ,thanks again Norman