CM'ers - hogging services

matty40s

Featured Posts

But whatever, one has to bear in mind that as Hudson owners we are the superior breed on the cut and its not unreasonable that, if the fancy takes us, we moor up anywhere for as long as we want. After all, we don't mind if plebe boats (especially those from oop North) want to moor nearby - just not too close in case you contaminate us in some way or let your whippets run free.

You might have said this with your tongue firmly in your cheek but sadly I think there are some people that really do believe this.......I do wonder if they also drive BMW's.......

Cheers

Gareth

After all, we don't mind if plebe boats (especially those from oop North) want to moor nearby - just not too close in case you contaminate us in some way or let your whippets run free.

I think you will find we are more discerning....

Peter and Jeanette took delivery of their boat not long after us, so we know them quite well. Firstly, the paint issue is definitely an optical illusion. They are nice people, live aboard / CC and so I'm sure if someone wanted to use the services and asked, they would move. Quite why they want to moor next to the smelly elsan point and noisy dirty rat-infested rubbish skips I can't imagine - you don't even get satellite reception there! But whatever, one has to bear in mind that as Hudson owners we are the superior breed on the cut and its not unreasonable that, if the fancy takes us, we moor up anywhere for as long as we want. After all, we don't mind if plebe boats (especially those from oop North) want to moor nearby - just not too close in case you contaminate us in some way or let your whippets run free.

:lol: :lol: Rowlocks........................ours is a GT..............whoosh.

Seriously though.........we have come less than 25 miles and we have had two CRT workboats moored on swing bridge landings..............if they can't follow their own rules how do they expect everyone else to bother?

Peter and Jeanette took delivery of their boat not long after us, so we know them quite well. Firstly, the paint issue is definitely an optical illusion. They are nice people, live aboard / CC and so I'm sure if someone wanted to use the services and asked, they would move. Quite why they want to moor next to the smelly elsan point and noisy dirty rat-infested rubbish skips I can't imagine - you don't even get satellite reception there! But whatever, one has to bear in mind that as Hudson owners we are the superior breed on the cut and its not unreasonable that, if the fancy takes us, we moor up anywhere for as long as we want. After all, we don't mind if plebe boats (especially those from oop North) want to moor nearby - just not too close in case you contaminate us in some way or let your whippets run free.

Obviously CM'ing at the moment maybe not even existlive aboarding either.

As for huddy's you cannot make a silk purse out of a pigs ear but you may make something at least like one, but you have very little chance if you started with a rat’s rectum.

Please feel free to move if you think I have moored to close to you. :rolleyes:

they seem to attract the most boring and anally retentive posh twits on the cut, who come and ask you "where do i put the oil" in their ten grand vintage engine. Happily though they mostly stay in their marinas, because the water is dirty outside, and they might have to share a lock with a pleb.

they seem to attract the most boring and anally retentive posh twits on the cut, who come and ask you "where do i put the oil" in their ten grand vintage engine. Happily though they mostly stay in their marinas, because the water is dirty outside, and they might have to share a lock with a pleb.

We find it's best to stick to narrow locks that way we can give the plebs 20 pence for working us through. I agree Hudsons are a bit like the new shape Bentley's but each to their own.

Now children! Didn't your nanny teach you that jealousy is such a negative emotion? Or even, if you were so unfortunate as to have no nanny, your parents? Well never mind, its good that there are boats that you can aspire to own, even though you don't realise it yet.

• Greenie 1

Well Nick what a noble thing it is you do.

To make yourself the whipping boy for your friends' selfish attitude and try and derail the thread into a slanging match over your choice of penny washers rather than examine why they should be indulging in such incomprehensibly moronic and chavish behaviour.

I am truly touched.

Edited by Chris Pink
  • Greenie 3

Out of interest whose is that dodgy looking boat on the morrings behind the washer josher?

Yes, uncultured owner has a penguin, and a canoe on his roof :-)

I hear tell he has beech trees up the front as well!

What a dreadfull but highly illuminating thread.

Nicknorman 1 - Green Eyed Monsters 0

I tend to agree with Jenlyn. A boater is a boater regardless of your perceived class, wealth or background.

• Greenie 1

I tend to agree with Jenlyn. A boater is a boater regardless of your perceived class, wealth or background.

Greenie added. Although Hudsons didn't do it for us when we were looking. I've always found the canals a pretty classless environment and in my experience most people help each other , long may this continue

We find it's best to stick to narrow locks that way we can give the plebs 20 pence for working us through. I agree Hudsons are a bit like the new shape Bentley's but each to their own.

So how many boats to I need to lock through at 20p a time to be able to buy my own?

As a continuous hirer, one thing that does disappoint me about some on this forum, is their believe that just because we don't own a boat we forget how to operate one from one hiring to another.

Yes we all have to learn, and yes we all make mistakes, but looking at the photo so do others who own their own boats, or is it just a case of I couldn't care less about what others think, you plebs don't deserve to moor here anyway.

Greenie added. Although Hudsons didn't do it for us when we were looking. I've always found the canals a pretty classless environment and in my experience most people help each other , long may this continue

Thank you.

About 25 years ago I learnt to sail. Initially I had been concerned as it always appeared that sailing was a class thing. In addition my choice of location to learn was The Solent where there was obviously a significant amount of serious money.

Despite the odd toxxer I have to say that most people didn't care what you were worth or how big your boat was and everyone got on as you shared a common passion.

You need to read Nick's continual pillory of boats hogging moorings in those parts before making a credible comment.

(Now breathe Smelly. 1.2.3 and relaaaaaax)

You need to read Nick's continual pillory of boats hogging moorings in those parts before making a credible comment.

Yes but there is an obvious difference, they were not Hudson boats. Duh!

Edited by nicknorman

So how many boats to I need to lock through at 20p a time to be able to buy my own?

As a continuous hirer, one thing that does disappoint me about some on this forum, is their believe that just because we don't own a boat we forget how to operate one from one hiring to another.

As a continous boater one of the thing that frustrates me is the continuous hirers who forget most continuous boaters started off as occasional hirers and before that as kids helping out at locks for the odd shilling. Fortunately I saved mine and bought my own boat with them.

As and when I need to know about the benefits system I will seek you out for your advice.

When it comes to subtlety I think I will look elsewhere.

Now children! Didn't your nanny teach you that jealousy is such a negative emotion? Or even, if you were so unfortunate as to have no nanny, your parents? Well never mind, its good that there are boats that you can aspire to own, even though you don't realise it yet.

So you can make comments that presumably were meant to be humorous about boats from up north but you can't take a bit of ribbing about the fact you have a Hudson, a design some on here find a tad idiosyncratic to put it mildly.

As a continous boater one of the thing that frustrates me is the continuous hirers who forget most continuous boaters started off as occasional hirers and before that as kids helping out at locks for the odd shilling. Fortunately I saved mine and bought my own boat with them.

Thank you for confirming your self centred, you moor where you like lad, after all its your waterway.