Back!

Dave_P

Featured Posts

I are confused - chatting yesterday although my avatar had dissapeared and then the site went down. I had saved the link and it wasn't working this morning. But when I went back to the main site and went forward again to the forums there they were again??? And I still can't upload an a avatr as it says my upload permissions need changing - que?

Same here,

I changed my avatar as mine disappeared too, I since deleted it but now cannot upload any of the pics. that I have previously successfully used as avatars located on my PC. I only seem able to select the ones from the IP board gallery,

I am now avarterless.... :(

Same here,

I changed my avatar as mine disappeared too, I since deleted it but now cannot upload any of the pics. that I have previously successfully used as avatars located on my PC. I only seem able to select the ones from the IP board gallery,

I am now avarterless.... :(

I can see most Avatars as if nowt had changed.

Not yours or larryjc's though, (probably stating the obvious.

Don't know if mine is showing to others, but if so I have done nothing to try and make that happen.

I can see most Avatars as if nowt had changed.

Not yours or larryjc's though, (probably stating the obvious.

Don't know if mine is showing to others, but if so I have done nothing to try and make that happen.

Yours is fine - mine isn't showing because I can't upload one.

When they were not showing there was that 'broken picture' image thingy where the avatar should be, like this. -

brokenpicture_zps29782fa6.jpg

Some people seem to have come through with their avatars intact and others seem to have lost them and the ability to upload one or link to one, which is possibly linked.

Some people seem to have come through with their avatars intact and others seem to have lost them and the ability to upload one or link to one, which is possibly linked.

I think it's time to have a word, son. Your mother a I have been meaning tell you......

While we're where in the numerical url internally hosted avatars didn't show for The reasons I don't fully know, this then resolved itself when the nameservers updated and we could move over to the domain name again.

The inability to upload avatars it present is clearly an error in the server settings ands I will look into it when I get in from work in a hour, see here for more details. http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55049&st=0&gopid=1042615entry1042615

Daniel

While we're where in the numerical url internally hosted avatars didn't show for The reasons I don't fully know, this then resolved itself when the nameservers updated and we could move over to the domain name again.

The inability to upload avatars it present is clearly an error in the server settings ands I will look into it when I get in from work in a hour, see here for more details. http://www.canalworl...5

Daniel

When they were failing I looked and the urls being written into the page still used the domain, ie they were of the form

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/av-8749.jpg

which is mine, so before DNS updated you were not going to see them. I don't know the IPB software but I assume that some urls are being generated from a config file that had the base url ,and others from the actual base being used perhaps (I can empathise with that happening!).

When they were failing I looked and the urls being written into the page still used the domain, ie they were of the form

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/uploads/av-8749.jpg

which is mine, so before DNS updated you were not going to see them. I don't know the IPB software but I assume that some urls are being generated from a config file that had the base url ,and others from the actual base being used perhaps (I can empathise with that happening!).

Indeed, but the old server was never taken down (its still there now in fact) so it should have read them off the old server until the name servers moved over. Although I will admit I dont know why the pages use the absolute url rather than a relative one. There may be a reason, but at this point I am skating the limit of my knowledge.

Daniel