i'll be back !

panacea

Featured Posts

Hi everyone ,We lived aboard for 2 years,then jumped ship and went to France in 2003,now maybe we saw the best of times but there has'nt been a day we hav'nt missed the cut ,the duck tapping on the side of the boat, the thought still puts a tear in my eye, anyway we are now coming back .flog the house buy a boat to live aboard,find a winter mooring,so my question is whats changed ,will it be what I remember,I know diesels gone from 30p to over a £. Has the place and people changed that much, I joined the forum only this morning ,because I really do need your help, My boat was thePanacea.cheers

Hi everyone ,We lived aboard for 2 years,then jumped ship and went to France in 2003,now maybe we saw the best of times but there has'nt been a day we hav'nt missed the cut ,the duck tapping on the side of the boat, the thought still puts a tear in my eye, anyway we are now coming back .flog the house buy a boat to live aboard,find a winter mooring,so my question is whats changed ,will it be what I remember,I know diesels gone from 30p to over a £. Has the place and people changed that much, I joined the forum only this morning ,because I really do need your help, My boat was thePanacea.cheers

Welcome back :cheers:

I'm a newbie of 4 months and find the lifestyle great and the canal community very helpful :cheers:

Is your previous boat listed here? Just type the name in.

My link

Exciting looking for a boat isn't it? James :cheers:

Edited by canals are us?

What's changed since 2003? Well, BW have changed to C&RT but are still muttering about cracking down on continuous cruisers, it's all noticeably busier down south, it's all starting to creak a bit due to cuts in maintenance budgets over the years and people are still arguing about toilets.

Mobile phone reception has improved, mobile Internet is a lot faster, LED lights and LCD TVs have cut power consumption as have the amount of things that run off batteries and solar panel prices have crashed to the point where you'll make your money back in a couple of years.

Other than that its all much of a muchness.

What's changed since 2003? Well, BW have changed to C&RT but are still muttering about cracking down on continuous cruisers, it's all noticeably busier down south, it's all starting to creak a bit due to cuts in maintenance budgets over the years and people are still arguing about toilets.

Mobile phone reception has improved, mobile Internet is a lot faster, LED lights and LCD TVs have cut power consumption as have the amount of things that run off batteries and solar panel prices have crashed to the point where you'll make your money back in a couple of years.

Other than that its all much of a muchness.

Thanks Mick,thats a big help,new high tech is going to take a bit of learning ,norman

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a boat called Panacea in recent months - wonder if it was yours...? It was lovely!

The boat we owned by amazing coincidence is on the contents page of the "waterways world" april edition,spooky eh,we've not seen her for 10 yrs

The boat we owned by amazing coincidence is on the contents page of the "waterways world" april edition,spooky eh,we've not seen her for 10 yrs

I'll get that edition and see if it's the same boat. I met the owners in a charity shop in Whitchurch of all places and we've stayed friends ever since. They are very contented CCers! :)