Bearboating.co.uk

Stu Kelly

Featured Posts

We have a weekend lined up on a BearBoat in Easter. We intend to cruise down to Leeds for the weekend. I will let you know how it goes!

I might be tempted to do another (mini) cruise diary! :cheers:

I look forward to it Steven, the whole area around Gas Street is alive with bars and restaurants now, I hope Leeds docks are the same.

I would like to see what the other boats are like, will Canal Boat Escapes be at Crick? I must admit I'm swaying towards Bear Boating at the moment.

Stu

We won't be at Crick. We did go a couple of years ago but part of the difficulty is that it happens over one of our busiest weekends which becomes a logistical challenge. Our primary business is hiring boats whereas Crick is aimed more at buying boats and their associated components.

Thanks Jessica,

Have booked myself a nice little hotel and am going to enjoy a nice weekend in Northampton - there, I never thought I'd hear myself saying THAT! Due to circumstances, our week on the cut is now going to have to be late summer so I intend to book something at Crick - I hope I'm not leaving it too late.

I would like to see what the other boats are like, will Canal Boat Escapes be at Crick? I must admit I'm swaying towards Bear Boating at the moment.

I have done a bit of boating in the distant past but never been the party leader so we will come up and do a weekend course beforehand. I like the idea of a night in Leeds (somewhere I've never been) if it's done up anything like Gas Street Basin in Birmingham then I reckon we're in for a fantastic mini break.

Stu

Look forward to meeting you at Crick then Stu or perhaps sooner if you do decide to have a weekend in Leeds. I haven't been to Gas Street Basin but Granary Wharf and Leeds have plenty of bars, restaurants & nightlife!

Look forward to meeting you at Crick then Stu or perhaps sooner if you do decide to have a weekend in Leeds. I haven't been to Gas Street Basin but Granary Wharf and Leeds have plenty of bars, restaurants & nightlife!

Lovely to speak with you today Jeanette and we now can't wait for our long weekend in Leeds. Had a word with 'the boss' and we can't confirm the week's holiday until the Crick weekend but the good news is we will be able to amend the date if both boats are booked on our preferred week. I'm going to try and persuade her to have a go at sailing next Ha!

Stu

• 2 months later...

FANTASTIC!!!

Had a great weekend at Crick - got burnt to a crisp though! - Nobody told me there was also a beer tent full of ale casks, her indoors wasn't too impressed when I forgot to have 'just one more' and then struggled to remember which hotel she was in.

The guys on JessicaBoo were a scream, it was like being at the Morecambe & Wise show biggrin.png Can't wait for the training weekend & then our holiday, have already downloaded the lighting & sonos apps and am sorting out a library of relaxing holiday tunes to chill out to on our luxury wireless narrowboat. So glad we didn't book our holiday before seeing what Bear Boating had to offer, would have been gutted if we'd booked a lesser boat.