Bearboating.co.uk

Stu Kelly

Featured Posts

Hi,

Looking to try a canal boat holiday this year and have never been to Yorkshire so have been doing a bit of surfing,

Found Bear Boating and their boats look so much nicer than any others but don't seem any more expensive. Can anyone tell me if they are any good? I've always gone by "if it looks too good to be true" so I've probably missed out on lots of nice things in my life :rolleyes:

I have to be one of their biggest fans! We saw their boat at Crick and booked on the spot. You can check the boat out in Waterways World - there is a feature on their boats this month! Fantastic boats.

I did a cruise diary in October on here!

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51553

Note - DO NOT google image Bear Boating! It has a totally different meaning in some circles!

Edited by steven wilkinson

I have to be one of their biggest fans! We saw their boat at Crick and booked on the spot. You can check the boat out in Waterways World - there is a feature on their boats this month! Fantastic boats.

I did a cruise diary in October on here!

Excuse my ignorance Steve, is Crick in Yorkshire? I assume Waterways World is a mag. Couldn't find any boaty mags in my local newsagent apart from yachting monthly. Looks like I'll have to take a trip into Wolvo to visit WHSmith

Note - DO NOT google image Bear Boating! It has a totally different meaning in some circles!

Always one for a challenge I did just that and got pages and pages of Bear Boats (of the canal variety)! I wonder what you are in the habit of searching for :o

the devil is in the detail! "Bear Boating" (as opposed to Bear Boats) Dont do it - you will be scarred for life!

Yes - BearBoating will be at Crick this year. They are taking the same boat that is featured in the magazine (Waterways World - available in Tesco and Sainsburys, even up here!)

That was a good way to make people (me) find why I shouldn't Google Bear Boating LOL. Pretty obviously Google people cannot spell (bear/bare) but then they are yanks. Only one picture there but it does make one feel a little inadequate ROFL.

Pete

Also try www.canalboatescapes.co.uk there boats are fab and have that prviate boat feel.

Bear boats look excellent but dont like having to put beds up and down everyday prefer fixed berths

My sister and I spent a day on one of their boats last spring on a boat handling course. It was a lovely boat finished to a good standard and handled well.

We have a drop down bed on our boat and prefer to have the extra space, we just put straps over the bedding and then put it away, it's all made up ready for when you want to use it and doesn't take any longer than when you make a bed in the morning. Each to their own of course, it's not everyone's choice.

Ann

the devil is in the detail! "Bear Boating" (as opposed to Bear Boats) Dont do it - you will be scarred for life!

Yes - BearBoating will be at Crick this year. They are taking the same boat that is featured in the magazine (Waterways World - available in Tesco and Sainsburys, even up here!)

Where is "up here"? Cant get the canal magazines for love nor money round here. Only place that ive found them is WH Smiths in town about 10 miles away. Even the massive ASDA at Thurmaston which is spitting distance to the canal, doesnt sell them.

I read the Bare Boating article in this months WW and it almost talked me into hiring. The boats look top notch.

Where is "up here"? Cant get the canal magazines for love nor money round here. Only place that ive found them is WH Smiths in town about 10 miles away. Even the massive ASDA at Thurmaston which is spitting distance to the canal, doesnt sell them.

I read the Bare Boating article in this months WW and it almost talked me into hiring. The boats look top notch.

Had to have the weekend off after Google imaging Bear Boating (Thanks Steve) Looked at Canal boat escapes but their boats don't seem anywhere near as plush as the Bear Boats but have since looked at their Facebook page and have fallen in love with their dogs as much as the boats! I wonder if they'll rent them out for the week as well? B)

Must try and get to read that article.

Up here - is Durham! 80 miles from the nearest canal! I was pleasantly surprised that both Tesco AND Sainsburys now stock Waterways World. When we were in Hemel Hempstead a few months ago, the supermarkets had never heard of it!

If you do do Facebook, BearBoating have a page which has all the links on.

My sister and I spent a day on one of their boats last spring on a boat handling course. It was a lovely boat finished to a good standard and handled well.

We have a drop down bed on our boat and prefer to have the extra space, we just put straps over the bedding and then put it away, it's all made up ready for when you want to use it and doesn't take any longer than when you make a bed in the morning. Each to their own of course, it's not everyone's choice.

Ann

ETA - we had our drop down bed built for us and my sister's husband is going to build their bed using ours as a blueprint.

It's definitely worth having a look at Bears Boats at the Crick show.

Also try www.canalboatescapes.co.uk there boats are fab and have that prviate boat feel.

Bear boats look excellent but dont like having to put beds up and down everyday prefer fixed berths

We hired Canal Boat Escape's Isabel last summer and were absolutely delighted. The inside is beautifully finished with a very luxurious kitchen and bathroom.

Such a stylish boat, complete with stove and side hatches, I can't recommend it highly enough!

Hi Jessica,

Can you tell me where you'll be at Crick and do I need to book to see the boat?

Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu

jessicaBOO will be on Jetty F40 at Crick. The show is 25-27th May. There is no need to book to view the boat. Just come along, but please introduce yourself if you do. Thanks

Thanks Jessica,

Have booked myself a nice little hotel and am going to enjoy a nice weekend in Northampton - there, I never thought I'd hear myself saying THAT! Due to circumstances, our week on the cut is now going to have to be late summer so I intend to book something at Crick - I hope I'm not leaving it too late.

I would like to see what the other boats are like, will Canal Boat Escapes be at Crick? I must admit I'm swaying towards Bear Boating at the moment.

I have done a bit of boating in the distant past but never been the party leader so we will come up and do a weekend course beforehand. I like the idea of a night in Leeds (somewhere I've never been) if it's done up anything like Gas Street Basin in Birmingham then I reckon we're in for a fantastic mini break.

Stu