Stolen Boat

saltysplash

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

A receipt should show that this is a deposit, and the balance to be paid and by what date,

"Receipt for £2000 as part payment for NB XXY, leaving a balance to be paid of £98,000 which must be paid by 1/6/21 or the deposit will be forfeit"

Bet they wouldn't use that to prove to the Police that they have paid the full amount

Its probably the same chap, he was headed up that way......just wait for someone offering bargain fenders or mooring pins to come along saying hes seen the contract even though he lives in Cornwall.

• Greenie 1

The poster of the stolen boat now says they are not in contact with the owners but fellow moorers 

"Update
I am not in contact with the deceased family, I'm just a fellow moorer putting the word out so hopefully this will be resolved without the boat disappearing or being sunk. I will do my best to get a crime number."

image.png.e04b877966f3fc8a932de2b5de10c7dd.png

8 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

If it is heading from Bramwith towards Pollington it shouldn't be too difficult to find it again.

The canal is still shut there isn't it?

Open towards Pollington but restricted passage from what I hear, passage through Sykehouse by lock keeper????

No access to Goole still closed so as you say not hard to find, my bet would be Knottingley or Castleford area.

Edited by PD1964

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Open towards Pollington but restricted passage from what I hear, passage through Sykehouse by lock keeper????

No access to Goole still closed so as you say not hard to find, my bet would be Knottingley or Castleford area.

Or the Ouse via. Bank Dole and Selby.

22 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Or the Ouse via. Bank Dole and Selby.

Not if it’s bee reported stolen to CaRT with the lock keeper at Selby. If it’s indeed stolen I would be heading to Knottingley, Castleford, but it’s quite distinctive having  passed it a few weeks ago going to Thorne so it won’t be hard to find as it does stick out.

Not relevant to it's current status, but isn't Dudley Thomas the barge Tim Carter built about 30 years ago - as a hotel boat I seem to recall. I supose that does make it 'historic' in a sense.

Tam