Stolen Boat

saltysplash

Featured Posts

The boat in question at Cowley is the reported stolen boat Dorothea, It has had a paint job but is the correct boat.

The local Police are dealing and Ive updated the owner with the current state of play.

He sends his thanks to all concerned for such a swift result.

He did walk the length last night but like me was unable to make out details due to the dark.

Before and after Pics

28622188512aa33.jpg

new paint job

1001248d.jpg

as you can see the details on the stern are unmistakable

My thanks to Jenlyn for his valuable contribution

Here is what she looked like a few years ago

599061_356241211151305_971336338_n.jpg

Here is what she looked like a few years ago

Looks like she had a fair list on her even then .... so it hasn't got significantly worse, maybe its the loo needing a pump out :captain:

I'm confused now. Has the boat been scrapped or has it had a paint job?

Me too , sunk, stolen , painted then scrapped seems a strange affair, I hope the owner has managed to reclaim something from this.

Me too , sunk, stolen , painted then scrapped seems a strange affair, I hope the owner has managed to reclaim something from this.

I'm not sure what the confusion is? Following the thread it seems clear that the boat was sinking/partially sunk. CRT phoned the owner who couldn't find it and reported it stolen. Someone stole it. That person responded 'yes' to Jenlyn when asked 'are you scrapping it'. It has been repainted.

Where is the disconnect for you?

I'm not sure what the confusion is? Following the thread it seems clear that the boat was sinking/partially sunk. CRT phoned the owner who couldn't find it and reported it stolen. Someone stole it. That person responded 'yes' to Jenlyn when asked 'are you scrapping it'. It has been repainted.

Was that scraping then?

Reported to Police and CaRT today is the Narrow Boat DOROTHEA

Reg No 68702

described as 40ft red and yellow in very bad condition as it was slightly sunk.

Stolen from Alperton near Sainsburys on the Paddington Arm of the GU between 21feb and 25feb

Aparantly the owner got a call from CaRT on the 25th to tell him his boat had been set adrift but had been resecured on the non towpath side, When he eventually got to Alperton the boat had gone.

He heard from a friend that the boat had possibly been seen in Cowley near Benbow Bridge just south of Cowley Lock, but he has walked this length tonight and found no trace of the boat.

The only photo I can find is on this link http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2862218 the photo is current and the boat is in this condition.

Reported to Met Police Brent Borough crime reference No 1905032/13

Seen Wednesday at Cowley

His drive plate keeps slipping, regular occurrence ;-)

I like "Dorothea" It would be perfect for my Nan as Her name is "Dorothy" or my Sister would like a narrowboat as a weekend retreat.

I think it's very characterful :cheers: Saw quite a few interesting to me boats on my travels, when bringing my new purchase on a 50 mile journey to the Marina.

James :cheers:

Edited by canals are us?

Oh that is SUCH a shame on so many levels. Dorothea was a lovely characterful boat which showed up in London around 5 or 6 years ago now. During that time, it has deteriorated a little faster than most other boats it's fair to say but there is nothing wrong with that boat that a little (a lot) of TLC won't fix. She's a really sweet boat.

Hi there,

I've been following Dorothea's little adventure and glad she's been found. We owned her many years ago and the kids, dog, hubby & I spent some wonderful years of pleasure on the water. She was our first narrowboat after moving from a cruiser and was filled with lace, paint & giggles....xx

I hope the owner gives her some love & affection........she has a spirit............xx

Hi there,

I've been following Dorothea's little adventure and glad she's been found. We owned her many years ago and the kids, dog, hubby & I spent some wonderful years of pleasure on the water. She was our first narrowboat after moving from a cruiser and was filled with lace, paint & giggles....xx

I hope the owner gives her some love & affection........she has a spirit............xx

Welcome aboard.

Brian

it was sunk proper when I passed it in alperton was on the offside near sainsbury's. When I passed it . was in a pretty bad way. The picture you quote was taken at harlseden, probably last summer. Have seeing it about lots but no one been on it for a long time !

Hi there,

Ah wow, nice to hear from you. It must be a tad bitter sweet to hear of your old friend like this. What an adventure the boat is having! Thanks for checking in.

• Greenie 1

We've been told off by a passing boater who informed us that it was a crime that we'd allowed our Doug Moore boat to "get in such a state". Yes, our paintwork is tired, but all our efforts have been focussed on turning a holiday boat with bugger all storage into a comfortable liveaboard. It was the previous owner that allowed the exterior to deteriorate - for all he knew we could have bought the boat yesterday!

We've always found that no matter what condition the boat is in, it's the boaters inside who really matter!

That is of course, until we met Ange & Dave............

As you will no doubt know, I'm only pulling your leg Ange. :P

• Greenie 1

We've always found that no matter what condition the boat is in, it's the boaters inside who really matter!

That is of course, until we met Ange & Dave............

As you will no doubt know, I'm only pulling your leg Ange. :P

:lol::cheers:

So to risk incurring the wrath of Jenlyn fro discussing it at all, are we sure DOROTHEA is not being scrapped after all? She looks a delightful boat!

MtB

:lol:

of course they just blacked the yellow bits out to make the boat less easy to spot while they quietly cut it up with torches and angle grinders ;)

as far as I can see the boat is now Floating which is something it hasn't been doing for quite a long time. result!

:lol:

of course they just blacked the yellow bits out to make the boat less easy to spot while they quietly cut it up with torches and angle grinders ;)

as far as I can see the boat is now Floating which is something it hasn't been doing for quite a long time. result!

Oh, you saw them with tools? You must have come along after me, I didn't see the angle grinder or torch. ;-)