Stolen Boat

saltysplash

Featured Posts

Reported to Police and CaRT today is the Narrow Boat DOROTHEA

Reg No 68702

described as 40ft red and yellow in very bad condition as it was slightly sunk.

Stolen from Alperton near Sainsburys on the Paddington Arm of the GU between 21feb and 25feb

Aparantly the owner got a call from CaRT on the 25th to tell him his boat had been set adrift but had been resecured on the non towpath side, When he eventually got to Alperton the boat had gone.

He heard from a friend that the boat had possibly been seen in Cowley near Benbow Bridge just south of Cowley Lock, but he has walked this length tonight and found no trace of the boat.

The only photo I can find is on this link http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2862218 the photo is current and the boat is in this condition.

Reported to Met Police Brent Borough crime reference No 1905032/13

• Greenie 1

Have you looked under the water? :lol:

I came across the crime report at work this evening.

I asked the owner if he was happy for me to post the details on here, I assured him we usually got good results.

Obviously times have changed

Ill do the length of the Slough Arm in the morning

• Greenie 1

Jesus, surely a boat is not habitable in that condition?

Does it matter? It's someone's property that's been taken without permission.

Fortunately as distinctive looking as it is, it should be easy to spot, assuming it wasn't craned out. I'm not in the area but will keep an eye out.

Edited by Starcoaster

I asked the owner if he was happy for me to post the details on here, I assured him we usually got good results.

Sorry if you took my post the wrong way. It wasn't the intention. Maybe my sense of humour needs recalibrated. But the slightly sunk comment made me laugh.

Have informed police as to boats position yesterday.

I'll bet someone has taken it who is, if challenged, planning to claim they thought it abandoned.

I doubt it is far away yet.

MtB

My first thoughts were CaRT have probably removed it but then they first informed the owner that it had been set adrift so they have his details and would've advised him if they were swifting it.

I have taken the libity of FaceBooking it.

Its not moving, its being scrapped. I will pm you.

Does that mean its been found?

and there might be a nice, well kept little home inside. Don't judge a book by it's cover!

Indeed, might be deliberately delapidated on the outside to prevent thieves from prying. TBH, it didnt look that bad at all in the photo. Maybe I'm not used to a shiny boat?

I hope its not being scrapped by CaRT, and that the owner has sanctioned this if it is happening...