Restaurant boat CASSOULET

magnetman

Featured Posts

From memory it use to operate up and down the Rochdale and perhaps the C&H from either Hebden or Sowerby Bridge or both. The last i saw of it was early 2000s being hauled out of the water at Shires to be loaded on a wagon and taken down south some where, according to the chap i got talking to on the towpath. He use to steer the boat, although he did not run the restaurant, and more or less said the business had ceased to be viable.

Might be worth giving Shires a ring. Is it important?

(Edit) Just noticed you put Sowerby/Hebden Bridge in subtitle so i have not told you much more than you already knew.

Edited by Rod a mod from Tod

This boat was originally comissioned by Dave, the then landlord of the Navigation. He ran it for several years before selling it on to a couple who continued to run it as a restaurant. It's usual route was from Sowerby Bridge to Salterhebble and back though it sometimes went as far as Brighouse or Hebden Bridge.

I last saw it operating in 2008/9 (I think) and it couldn't have been earlier as I was on my current boat. By then the engine was seriously unfit for purpose and needed either rebuilding or replacing. The final straw for the owners ocurred when passing through Salterhebble guillotine lock and a large block of wood fell from the top of the gate, hitting and seriously injuring a customer. I don't think it ever operated here again. It was sold and I was told it's destinatioin was London.

Magnetman, if you know of it's current whereabouts and circumstances, there are several people here who would be interested to know.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
On 16/03/2014 at 21:16, karen2112 said:

Hi

I used to run/ co own this restaurant - what did you want to know? Seems there are a few assumptions being made on here.

Karen

Hi Karen!

I'm in London, I just met someone who owns this boat and I'm hoping to buy her from him and make her my home. He's currently fitting her out but doesn't know certain things like, the size of the water tank or if it has 2 water tanks fro example! He's kind of going by feel but I'd like a few facts that only someone who knows her better would know (he's only had her for 6 months). Is there any way you'd be up for chatting to me on the phone or email about Cassoulet? 

Yours, Saskia xxx

8 minutes ago, Sass said:

Hi Karen!

I'm in London, I just met someone who owns this boat and I'm hoping to buy her from him and make her my home. He's currently fitting her out but doesn't know certain things like, the size of the water tank or if it has 2 water tanks fro example! He's kind of going by feel but I'd like a few facts that only someone who knows her better would know (he's only had her for 6 months). Is there any way you'd be up for chatting to me on the phone or email about Cassoulet? 

Yours, Saskia xxx

Voice from the grave, the thread is 8 years old. Best of luck.  Karen2112 is no longer in the members list.

3 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Voice from the grave, the thread is 8 years old. Best of luck.  Karen2112 is no longer in the members list.

Correction, Karen2112 only ever made that one post!

On 01/03/2013 at 13:29, Dr Bradley said:

This boat was originally comissioned by Dave, the then landlord of the Navigation. He ran it for several years before selling it on to a couple who continued to run it as a restaurant. It's usual route was from Sowerby Bridge to Salterhebble and back though it sometimes went as far as Brighouse or Hebden Bridge.

I last saw it operating in 2008/9 (I think) and it couldn't have been earlier as I was on my current boat. By then the engine was seriously unfit for purpose and needed either rebuilding or replacing. The final straw for the owners ocurred when passing through Salterhebble guillotine lock and a large block of wood fell from the top of the gate, hitting and seriously injuring a customer. I don't think it ever operated here again. It was sold and I was told it's destinatioin was London.

Magnetman, if you know of it's current whereabouts and circumstances, there are several people here who would be interested to know.

Dr Bradley, do you know Dave? Or the couple? Or how I might get hold of one or either of them? I'm buying her (hopefully!) with my dad who is a bit of a newbie to boats, and he reckons that speaking to someone who's already owned her would calm his nerves about making such a big purchase?

Sas x

4 hours ago, Sass said:

Dr Bradley, do you know Dave? Or the couple? Or how I might get hold of one or either of them? I'm buying her (hopefully!) with my dad who is a bit of a newbie to boats, and he reckons that speaking to someone who's already owned her would calm his nerves about making such a big purchase?

Sas x

That post is from 2013, I don't think Dr Bradley posts on this forum anymore, I therefore doubt that he even visits. I do bump into him from time to time but am not likely to do so in the next few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...