Parcel Delivery

pearley

Featured Posts

Being a CCer parcel delivery can be difficult. If it will go through a letterbox then I can get it sent to my son - which is my registered address - or to his work but his workplace don't like me doing it too often.

Amazon offer delivery via Amazon Lockers or by a service called Collect Plus. There is also a service called MyByBox which allows you to have a parcel delivered to a 3rd party address - a lot of these seem to be local shops or supermarkets.

Anybody used any of these and was it easy and secure?

Regards

Pete

I simply use someone I know, I can have things delivered to my business address but I'm 70 miles away on the boat, so I asked someone local I deal with to accept parcels on my behalf. Drop in an occasional bottle of wine as a thank you, and everyone's happy and I get my deliveries.

I would suggest a local landlord might assiss for instance if you were a regular customer.

But we are Continuous Cruisers so move regularly - as we should!

I have had stuff sent to a relative or friend, if we know we are going meet up in not too distant future, but there are times when it can be several months between visits.

Regards

Pete

But we are Continuous Cruisers so move regularly - as we should!

I have had stuff sent to a relative or friend, if we know we are going meet up in not too distant future, but there are times when it can be several months between visits.

Regards

Pete

Well if you,re moving on that quickly then it's going to be almost impossible to get a package delivered full stop.

We'll be CC/ing but will quite regularly stay places possibly up to 14 days within the rules. So popping in the local pub/shop for a few nights/occasions and spending a few quid, I'm sure I could ask the landlord/shopkeeper into accepting a delivery on my behalf and even offer a small fee.

I currently ask the local boat yard close to our current location. I could also use a garage I've used for repairs, and another company I've had dealings with.

ETA Oh and the local pub :lol:

Edited by Julynian

Poste Restante has always worked well for us, even for parcels,in fact have just picked one up today from our local P.O. but spose you'd have to go thru a 'proper' address first and then they send it on if via an Amazon type site.

I've received lots of letters through Poste Restante but not thought to try it for parcels. Would have thought that any parcels sent to PO would have to be via Royal Mail rather than TNT, etc.

I have used collect plus, the parcel was delivered to a local shop which saved me by not having to pay for delivery.

Once the package was delivered to the shop I received an email (or text if u prefer) that contained a reference number.

Turned up at shop and presented my ref number and received the package.

As Guy Martin would say "jobs a good un"

As an aside I had to return the package as the goods were damaged.

No probs - just took it back to the shop and they sent it off and the process was repeated.

Would most definitely use it again.

I have used collect plus, the parcel was delivered to a local shop which saved me by not having to pay for delivery.

Once the package was delivered to the shop I received an email (or text if u prefer) that contained a reference number.

Turned up at shop and presented my ref number and received the package.

As Guy Martin would say "jobs a good un"

As an aside I had to return the package as the goods were damaged.

No probs - just took it back to the shop and they sent it off and the process was repeated.

Would most definitely use it again.

Yes I love Collect+. And you don't have to return it to the same shop you picked it up from either - just go on their website, find the nearest participating shop to where you are at the time, and drop it off there instead. It's much easier (even if you are land-based) as I am never in when parcels are attempted to be delivered! With Collect+ I simply nip to the corner of my street to the Costcutter and pick it up at a time which suits. It's even nearer than the Post Office sorting office.

I have used the Collect+ and Amazon Locker and both work really well. I find the collect+ service better for two reasons though. With the locker they are usually in a shopping mall and you only have a limited time to collect so if you can't get there in time and in the opening hours it fails. With the collect+ its usually a convenience store open much longer hours, I don't know if they have a limited time they hold the parcel for

Being a CCer parcel delivery can be difficult. If it will go through a letterbox then I can get it sent to my son - which is my registered address - or to his work but his workplace don't like me doing it too often.

Amazon offer delivery via Amazon Lockers or by a service called Collect Plus. There is also a service called MyByBox which allows you to have a parcel delivered to a 3rd party address - a lot of these seem to be local shops or supermarkets.

Anybody used any of these and was it easy and secure?

Regards

Pete

I use Collect+ a lot and find them both quick and reliable. You can track your parcel online much better than Royal Mail. I like being able to drop the parcel at a local covenience store any time up to 11.00pm. A 5kg parcel costs £4.99, Royal mail would be a rip off £12.30

A 2kg Jiffy bag is £3.99 & 5kg-10kg. is £6.99. Parcels are limited to approx. 30cm X 30cm X 60cm.

http://collectplus.co.uk

i am a cc'er and regularly get parcels delivered, i just moor up next to a building with a postcode, and use my boat name and that code. Parcel force will not usually make any effort to find you though, it only works with couriers.

If it's a parcel force delivery you can collect it from any main post office via poste restante service.

I have used collect plus too, it does what it says on the tin.

I've not hear of collect+ before - it sounds like the answer to my prayers! We've had parcels delivered to family, boaty friends and pubs but in the summer we move most days and are not always sure where we're going and when we'll get there (the main joy of being a ccer for me) so we just don't order stuff at this time. Which can be a right pain.

I'll look into it - thanks everyone for sharing the info :)

With this poste restante thing , which is something we are looking to do, it says on PO website that you need a utility bill as proof of ID , just wondered how people managed who CC with no utility bill , confused ??

With this poste restante thing , which is something we are looking to do, it says on PO website that you need a utility bill as proof of ID , just wondered how people managed who CC with no utility bill , confused ??

Haven't had a problem so far. Abroad need passport, in UK driving licence. Praps the staff don't know the rules?? Certainly sometimes they've never heard of poste restante!

Edited by wandering snail

Any id with your name on, in my experience, i show a credit card.

Most small post offices refuse to do this now, and the main ones sometimes don't know anything about poste restaunte, you need to speak to the manager. It's post office law that they have to offer this sevice.

One woman on the counter went away and came back and said to me " we have no letters for Mr poste restaunte" !

Edited by onionbargee

Any id with your name on, in my experience, i show a credit card.

Most small post offices refuse to do this now, and the main ones sometimes don't know anything about poste restaunte, you need to speak to the manager. It's post office law that they have to offer this sevice.

One woman on the counter went away and came back and said to me " we have no letters for Mr poste restaunte" !

I've always found driving licence ok. With the small POs I usually go in and ask first.

Have to agree that majority of PO staff don't know what Poste Restante is.

Regards

Pete

Have to agree that majority of PO staff don't know what Poste Restante is.

Regards

Pete

But go into a Royal mail office and they will know...the PO and Royal mail are totally different companies

Thanks very much one and all ,went to pop in PO at lunch but they where hanging out the door , so will ave to pop in on day off when i have the time to wait , did try royal mail but they just wanted to sell me PO box :(