RPM

swift1894

Featured Posts

How would I estimate it?

I think my boat's engine will do 1,700 maximum, so I would guess half that or a little more, maybe 900 to 1,000?

But then it may be that the engine's maximum revs are 1,500 (some models apparently are) so I would have to adjust that downwards.

How would I estimate it?

I think my boat's engine will do 1,700 maximum, so I would guess half that or a little more, maybe 900 to 1,000?

But then it may be that the engine's maximum revs are 1,500 (some models apparently are) so I would have to adjust that downwards.

Can you not count the bangs and work it out from there?

:)

MtB

Surely this is one of those 'long as a piece of string' questions, depending on engine, boat, gearbox, prop? I crise on canals at 2000 rpm, on rivers at 2500. Max revs 3000, smallest Vetus 2-cylinder.

I was thinking that because its in the Gardner section it was a specific question about Gardner engines which is why I edited my post away.

If we're going for all engines then my answer is I haven't a clue, I don't really look when cruising just 'drive' to the conditions as it were.

I was thinking that because its in the Gardner section it was a specific question about Gardner engines which is why I edited my post away.

If we're going for all engines then my answer is I haven't a clue, I don't really look when cruising just 'drive' to the conditions as it were.

I think you are right IanM