Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

It isn't worth a lot. Difficult to motorise, needs a cabin and full fitout. 

It would cost quite a lot to make it useable unless for trading. 

Maybe an electric powered roving trader garden centre. 

1 minute ago, magnetman said:

It isn't worth a lot. Difficult to motorise, needs a cabin and full fitout. 

It would cost quite a lot to make it useable unless for trading. 

Maybe an electric powered roving trader garden centre. 

It was a joke... remember them? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, magnetman said:

It is CBS selling the boats.

I was just mildly interested that the sales seem to have been detached from the CRT.

Not necessarily, as the second listing states in the description:

"but as with the hull we cannot say what the condition is as we are selling this for a third party."

2 hours ago, magnetman said:

It is CBS selling the boats.

I was just mildly interested that the sales seem to have been detached from the CRT.

CBS act as agents for CRT to remove such boats, so I assume they are also tasked with selling them. And CRT will get the sale proceeds, less the craning, transport and storage fees and CBS's broker fee.

And if the fees come to more than the selling price do CRT have to cough up the shortfall?

22 minutes ago, MtB said:

Not necessarily, as the second listing states in the description:

"but as with the hull we cannot say what the condition is as we are selling this for a third party."

One idly wonders why it would be a private seller rather than someone registered as a business seller. 

If you are selling on behalf of a third party I'm not at all sure how this could be viewed as a private sale between a vendor and a buyer. 

13 minutes ago, magnetman said:

One idly wonders why it would be a private seller rather than someone registered as a business seller. 

If you are selling on behalf of a third party I'm not at all sure how this could be viewed as a private sale between a vendor and a buyer. 

Sounds worth reporting to me. You can't sell something you don't own. 

Also the asking prices are too high. 

One wonders what would happen if someone did actually want to buy any of the boats. Presumably something would be done to disabuse them of the notion that they wanted the boat.

6 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Also the asking prices are too high. 

One wonders what would happen if someone did actually want to buy any of the boats. Presumably something would be done to disabuse them of the notion that they wanted the boat.

Like, them being in Chester?

I still quite fancy owning the Equus, but not at £30k ffs!

That FR2 is a lovely motor but not right under yer feet in the back cabin. The boat needs a total sorting out inside, starting with moving the motor to a proper engine room.

• Greenie 1

I wondered if these boats were part of a deceased estate sale and had been valued and there was some sort of obligation to achieve a reasonable market value. 

Hysteric boats sometimes go for silly money so it must be a bit awkward and daunting for a professional to put a value on such lumps of over modified metal tube like objects.

1 hour ago, magnetman said:

I wondered if these boats were part of a deceased estate sale and had been valued and there was some sort of obligation to achieve a reasonable market value. 

Hysteric boats sometimes go for silly money so it must be a bit awkward and daunting for a professional to put a value on such lumps of over modified metal tube like objects.

Section 8ed I believe for non payment of licence or mooring fees I believe. There was a thread on here about it at the time.

22 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/harland-and-wolff-little-woolwich-for-sale/727740

Looks nice but obviously I am way out of touch with boat prices!

"The stern section is as true to the shape of an original small Woolwich as you can get, both above and below the waterline."

That's a bold claim.

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

"The stern section is as true to the shape of an original small Woolwich as you can get, both above and below the waterline."

That's a bold claim.

Having seen a few small woolwiches , it seems to be the Woolworths bargain bin version.

20 minutes ago, davidg said:

That's a bold claim.

And not one borne out by the photographs.

N