Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
alan_fincher

Historic Boats for sale online

Featured Posts

I'm told Sudbury is once again up for sale, but I have not so far seen it on the Internet.

EDIT:

 

CORRECTION! - See below - it seems I have probably been misinformed!

AS you were!

Edited by alan_fincher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

 

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Looks a neat little job, from the one photo which she has published. Based on a BCN boat (or part of one) perhaps?


It is surely the boat once owned by Henk (LuctorEtEmergo?) of this forum, but much reduced in length?

It's a strange solution to repairing an historic that needs work to cut 27 feet out of it.  Was the remaining 41 feet in good order, then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm told Sudbury is once again up for sale, but I have not so far seen it on the Internet.

Hi Alan,

 

I am not sure if there is much truth in this rumour, I feel it may have come about because someone recently commented on a facebook brokerage advert of mine from about 4 years ago, which put the advert onto a number of peoples timelines.

 

Sarah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sarahavfc said:

Hi Alan,

 

I am not sure if there is much truth in this rumour, I feel it may have come about because someone recently commented on a facebook brokerage advert of mine from about 4 years ago, which put the advert onto a number of peoples timelines.

 

Sarah

Ah,

The rumour was put to me by someone I assumed would know, but from what you are saying, I suspect you are right!

I'll edit my post accordingly!
 

43 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Heart of Gold, was it? 

In fact the advert actually says it was!

Edited by alan_fincher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Ah,

The rumour was put to me by someone I assumed would know, but from what you are saying, I suspect you are right!

I'll edit my post accordingly!
 

In fact the advert actually says it was!

 

Really? They must have changed it! Earlier on it said the boat was called "Torak". 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm told Sudbury is once again up for sale, but I have not so far seen it on the Internet.

EDIT:

 

CORRECTION! - See below - it seems I have probably been misinformed!

AS you were!

Just to quash the rumour, as the current owner of Sudbury, she is most definitely NOT for sale and we intend to keep her for a very long time!

Rob

  • Greenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rusty Rivet said:

Just to quash the rumour, as the current owner of Sudbury, she is most definitely NOT for sale and we intend to keep her for a very long time!

Rob

Apologies indeed.

My source was someone who generally knows these things, but he has clearly fallen into the trap Sarah mentioned about new comments reopening a several year old advert.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

Really? They must have changed it! Earlier on it said the boat was called "Torak". 

 

 


Different boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

What?

 

The advert says the changed the name from Heart of Gold to Torak whilst the shortening work was being done

 

You have confused me by quoting stuff that related to Sudbury, and had nowt to do with Heart of Gold / Torak.

I started a duff rumour about Sudbury, that had nothing to do with Torak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alan_fincher said:

You have confused me by quoting stuff that related to Sudbury, and had nowt to do with Heart of Gold / Torak.

I started a duff rumour about Sudbury, that had nothing to do with Torak.

 

What?!! Sudbury used to be Heart of Gold, you say?!

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

What?!! Sudbury used to be Heart of Gold, you say?!

 

?


Actually I thought Torak now looks a bit like Reginald......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

 

That hare is already running.....

 

 

No Hare is a different boat altogether....

Just to confuse it was Hare's owner that suggested Sudbury was for sale!......

EDITED TO ADD:

...... which, to clarify, it isn't.

(Unlike Torak / Heart of Gold, which i, apparently....)

Edited by alan_fincher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

 


It is surely the boat once owned by Henk (LuctorEtEmergo?) of this forum, but much reduced in length?

It's a strange solution to repairing an historic that needs work to cut 27 feet out of it.  Was the remaining 41 feet in good order, then?

That certainly looks like Henk's old boat, or most of it!  it was moored at Bradford on Avon when I saw it soon after Henk bought it, and it was a mess, It had suffered a major fire, and whilst the fore and aft sections were ok, the centre section had been badly distorted by the fire. Presumably, the latest survey has revealed damage that was too expensive or difficult to repair, so it has been removed to save the boat. I wonder if my old Engel Fridge is on board.

 

Edited by David Schweizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/yarwoods-72-traditional/628196

 

Talking to a Bloke Today at Winkwell who is going to view this with the intention of using it as a Liveaboard , he already owns a 65ft Liverpool Boat moored in the vicinity and reckons he wants the additional space as well as owning something with some character . the mind boggles sometimes especially regarding the additional space aspect .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried to buy Rufford last time around,, but in the end it wnt to someone else.

Looking at the pictures the last owner seems to have done some fairly bizarre things, many of them not at all sympathetic to such an historic boat.


I assume the monstrous white box that is now trying to crowd out the HR2 is some kind of cocooned generator?  It has made a right mess up of that engine room.

 

Much like the boat we took on instead of Rufford, I fear whoever buys her will face a large list of things necessary to reverse what has been done to her in the last 4 or 5 years.  It was a project when we wanted to buy it - it looks to be more of a project now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing I'd want to do is re-site the toilet.

After all if you're really set on it being visible you should have it on the roof where EVERYBODY can see it, and not just those on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.