Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Ooh Pete you are a fount of knowledge but your last post made you sound scary - which I am sure you are not.You usually sound more helpful & nice...

Sorry, perhaps I still had my Manager hat on as there seems little between work and home at the moment - the joys of working 84 hours a week captain.gif

Sorry, perhaps I still had my Manager hat on as there seems little between work and home at the moment - the joys of working 84 hours a week captain.gif

You're in the wrong job.

Richard

Yes i prob shouldnt have assumed carolla had its original national when removed in the 60s. And was more than likely fitted to another boat. But the only info i had was a national being removed from corolla but no number.

I think £10k is just the current bid. I doubt that is actually the price it is for sale for, no?

The bidder may have placed a much higher bid, you wont know until someone else bids and the price goes up with the original bidder still leading or if he is replaced it will have exceeded his maximum.

Good luck to the seller, I hope the location is wrong as theres no water in the Severn today to float that draught!

It's rained overnight Laurence! But coracles weren't used on the Severn Gorge for no reason. Beats me how they ever got loaded barges to and from from Ironbridge. And when there is water - you'll be doing 6mph downhill!!!

Very desirable boat if you have £50k to spare.

Edited by Derek R.

Think this might be a new one...

Icebreaker BALTIC now listed on the duck:

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/advert.phtml?id=473412

What is a Bukhara diesel then? Google gives no obvious clues.

I saw this a couple of days ago. Lovely little boat, but not looking anything like as smart as when sold by its previous owner, unfortunately.

The engine is actually a Bukh which makes it a very fast boat. Baltic is a nice little boat and charmingly fitted out but is rather unstable and cabin needs recladding.

Not a bad price though.

Paul

Edited by Paul H

Lovely little boat, but not looking anything like as smart as when sold by its previous owner, unfortunately.

Might not look as smart, but it's in better condition.

and cabin needs recladding.

It's not actually that bad. Needs a couple of patches and a couple of bits of trim replacing but it's pretty sound. Unfortunately it had previously been repainted and no-one had bothered to strip it back; there were large paintwork bubbles. It looked pretty, but was doing more harm than good.

Extremely quick and nimble boat, I too am checking for odd bundles of £50s down the back of the sofa...

There is a rather special and unique delight in cruising about in a boat short enough to turn anywhere you like!