Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, zenataomm said:

It's not a lot of shillings is it?

My guess is the cabin is made of Weetabix.

And station boats were all horse boats were they not? 

If correct, this one must have had a counter stern conversion so is only 2/3 'historic'. 

Mind you, some of the old conversions are old enough to count as historic in their own right.

49 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Indeed it is the front of a horse boat with a motor back end. We used to moor next to it at stockton in the late 80s. The cabin is a total loss 

These two factors probably explain the low price and the re-listing.

Who did the motor stern? It looks ok except for the cants, look a are a bit odd. 

559632_6.jpg?1525606848

Drainage gap looks too small or missing on this side. Perhaps just the camera angle...

Here's the link for Paragon to stop everybody having to search for it.....

(And I'l add that it is £20K, because whenever I go back to an old post and the Duck listing has been deleted, I can never remember what the advertised price was!).

• Greenie 1

31 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

These two factors probably explain the low price and the re-listing.

Who did the motor stern? It looks ok except for the cants, look a are a bit odd. 

559632_6.jpg?1525606848

Drainage gap looks too small or missing on this side. Perhaps just the camera angle...

Most boat are historically incorrect when it comes to the cants as in say FMC boats they would run into the gunnels 

On 07/05/2018 at 21:30, AMModels said:

Those droopy fenders have to cut £10k from the price surely?

OTLEY had fenders drooping like those on PARAGON when I picked it up last Saturday. Unfortunately they were so rotten that I could not lift them to a more respectable height, and they eventually fell off before we reached Banbury, leaving just the chains and a few strands of rope on the back of the boat. This was amplified by one of the welded rings that hold the tipcats snapping off, resulting in a new fender needing to be tied on to the dollies - all very amateurish but will be sorted with the passing of time. All I need now is the contact details of a certain Mr Hollinshead so I can place an order for three new tipcats :captain:  

3 hours ago, pete harrison said:

OTLEY had fenders drooping like those on PARAGON when I picked it up last Saturday. Unfortunately they were so rotten that I could not lift them to a more respectable height, and they eventually fell off before we reached Banbury, leaving just the chains and a few strands of rope on the back of the boat. This was amplified by one of the welded rings that hold the tipcats snapping off, resulting in a new fender needing to be tied on to the dollies - all very amateurish but will be sorted with the passing of time. All I need now is the contact details of a certain Mr Hollinshead so I can place an order for three new tipcats :captain:  

I've PM'd you Joe's number.

8 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

Thank you, but it looks as though I am going to have to explore other fender makers :captain:

Chris Shenton (owns Dubhe) at Great Haywood makes a good looking fender, I am going to replace the worn out ones I have with some from Chris. I've got his contact details somewhere if you want them.

21 minutes ago, furnessvale said:

In which case I would recommend Brian at Renaissance (Bollington Wharf) 01625 575811.

George

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Chris Shenton (owns Dubhe) at Great Haywood makes a good looking fender, I am going to replace the worn out ones I have with some from Chris. I've got his contact details somewhere if you want them.

Thanks to both of you. I am in the midlands tomorrow and have something to chase up fender wise. I will let you now how I get on :captain:

2 hours ago, furnessvale said:

In which case I would recommend Brian at Renaissance (Bollington Wharf) 01625 575811.

George

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

So would I

So would I.

Brian made Flamingo's. at what I considered to be a very reasonable cost.

There's a long-established fender maker close to where you are: a couple of locks up from Cropredy (Varney's Lock?) He is literally lockside. Phone 01295 758734.

Edited by Athy

• 4 weeks later...