Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

and of course they are getting rarer by the day, once you could get wooden lifeboats to convert, then aluminium, now people are buying orange fibreglass ones 

But the orange fibreglass ones don't seem to need any 'converting'.... 

20 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

But the orange fibreglass ones don't seem to need any 'converting'.... 

I'm still waiting to see one go through a lock, which given the door arrangements always looks like it could be "interesting".....

17 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Looks good but odd not to have put a lump and or at least a prop on even so can be floated?

Looks ok ish but a semi sort of guccc style but not at same time,

Not a touch on brinklows

Still the best modern carrying boat I have ever seen. I think this was built alongside Otley hence the proportions are so good.

arundel.jpg

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Admiral said:

Still the best modern carrying boat I have ever seen. I think this was built alongside Otley hence the proportions are so good.

One of the things I like about ARUNDEL is that it does not try to pretend it is something it is not, i.e. no pretend rivets. It is simply built to the same design and dimensions as a large Northwich and I am sure that is was perfect for where it was meant to work. ARUNDEL was built from the baseplate up alongside OTLEY, whilst the later was being re-bottomed and re-footed in 2003 - but not quite a clone as the picture above shows the mounting of the grab rail to be as per original design whereas OTLEY's was modified by 1967 :captain:

1 hour ago, Admiral said:

I know its not old but not a bad price.

http://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat.phtml?id=555397

30 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Looks good but odd not to have put a lump and or at least a prop on even so can be floated?

Looks ok ish but a semi sort of guccc style but not at same time,

Not a touch on brinklows

A shame it has box section handrails instead of Yarwood style handrails, especially as the rest of the boat is clearly in the general style of a small Northwich :captain:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 20:46, ditchcrawler said:

and of course they are getting rarer by the day, once you could get wooden lifeboats to convert, then aluminium, now people are buying orange fibreglass ones 

They do have scope for improvement though:

http://www.lancashirelife.co.uk/homes-gardens/interiors/navvies-ark-the-lifeboat-that-brings-luxury-to-lancashire-s-waterways-1-4207373

• 2 weeks later...

Dane and Clara on the Duck. Lovely examples of real boats. All mod cons that moderns want independent engine start rolls batteries inbuilt generator ranges and piano wrapped up in  unique beautiful historic shape.real once in lifetime opportunity dont spend your 140000 on some bricklike fatbeam buy these and put your 100000 into maintainance 

18 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

Dane and Clara on the Duck. Lovely examples of real boats. All mod cons that moderns want independent engine start rolls batteries inbuilt generator ranges and piano wrapped up in  unique beautiful historic shape.real once in lifetime opportunity dont spend your 140000 on some bricklike fatbeam buy these and put your 100000 into maintainance 

I'm deeply tempted. Who should I bleed away my £100k with on maintenance? I'm not sure Brinklow do wooden boats and Jem Bates is not where I like to be...

The pics dont really show the boats as they are now quite old pics.

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Get off. I'm buying dane!

You dont really want her ;-) you need a lovely boat with a national in. Ill throw in the angry wife for free!

Edited by billybobbooth

7 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

The pics dont really show the boats as they are now quite old pics.

You dont really want her ;-) you need a lovely boat with a national in. Ill throw in the angry wife for free!

I can feel there might be a deal in here, somehow. I better PM you tomorrow when the wine has worn orf. I totally lurved dane the one time I went aboard...

Deffly don't want an angry wife tho!

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I can feel there might be a deal in here, somehow. I better PM you tomorrow when the wine has worn orf. I totally lurved dane the one time I went aboard...

Deffly don't want an angry wife tho!

Dane is lovely, dont get me wrong i love having towy she has nearly every box ticked for what i want in a boat, shell just never be able to live up to dane, the bolly could be a pain in the ass when cold and go out on you when you dont want her too. But the way she twists and bounces and has a bark better than most ive herd and when she wants to move threw the water shell swim lovely even when towing.

16 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Dane is lovely, dont get me wrong i love having towy she has nearly every box ticked for what i want in a boat, shell just never be able to live up to dane, the bolly could be a pain in the ass when cold and go out on you when you dont want her too. But the way she twists and bounces and has a bark better than most ive herd and when she wants to move threw the water shell swim lovely even when towing.

So you owned Dane back in the day, are you sayin'?

I have no problem with engines that are a pain is the ass. I totally lurve them in fact. Well after I get them going that is! PM you tomorrow. 

Dad bought dane in 70s i was on her from 6 weeks or 6 months old, (i would as mum as she would remember but i cant do that!)

I had my last trip on dane in 2005 she sold in 2008 if i remember correct. My best trip was taking dane and gifford back to the port,.... i do miss her.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, billybobbooth said:

Dad bought dane in 70s i was on her from 6 weeks or 6 months old, (i would as mum as she would remember but i cant do that!)

I had my last trip on dane in 2005 she sold in 2008 if i remember correct. My best trip was taking dane and gifford back to the port,.... i do miss her.

Purchased March 1977 :captain:

Edited by pete harrison