Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

59 minutes ago, Paul H said:

but who would also take pride in skippering a historic boat (which with a 50% license discount is worth it!).

So what waterway do you need to be on to secure a 50%  licence discount for Renown ?  I can't see it even meets the requirements for the 10% historic boat discount from CRT.

Also the traditional rear boatmans cabin does nor "remain" as suggested.  When we first encountered Renown in the early 1970s it was effectively what is now known as "cruiser! stern with a timber cabin.  Some time later the cabin was replaced in steel with one that extended further back.

9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Having a lister kind of makes it not really a butty either...

Lol I was about to ask what sort of engine does this butty have, then spotted the Lister <something or other> 

So nit-picking aside, £32k seems a bargain price to me 

35 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Lovely. I think that boat won Ricky tug of war at least once.

I don't recall it ever making it to Ricky.  Before it was in its current ownership it was a "Northern based" boat.

I must admit I'm very surprised by this advert - it's current owner have invested massive amounts of effort in it, and really don't seem to have owned it long at all....

16 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I don't recall it ever making it to Ricky.  Before it was in its current ownership it was a "Northern based" boat.

I must admit I'm very surprised by this advert - it's current owner have invested massive amounts of effort in it, and really don't seem to have owned it long at all....

Surprised me as well.  It looked rather shiny at Alvecote.  I watched the Bolinder being started for the parade.

20 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I think I got the name wrong and it was a wooden boat with a Bolinders in it which won the tug of war.

Is there a wooden narrow boat called Dory as well?

24 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I think I got the name wrong and it was a wooden boat with a Bolinders in it which won the tug of war.

Is there a wooden narrow boat called Dory as well?

No, I don't think so.

In my limited experience of the Ricky tug of war, the only thing Bolinders seem to win against are other Bolinders.

9 minutes ago, magnetman said:

The boat I was thinking of was DANE. Claytons boat with Bolinders engine.

I was told that this did win the TOW at RIcky but I was not there.

You have the added excitement that if the pull is hard enough the counter might get separated from the rest of the boat. 😄

(And just to amuse there are more than one wooden motor called Dane).

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, magnetman said:

Lovely. I think that boat won Ricky tug of war at least once.

The text towards the end of the advert is rather shocking !!

Take the Bolinders out and put a Lister HB2 in it. What?

Where are the Bolinders. There is one in the engine room which is shown in the advert but where is the other one?

It is written on the maker's plate.

Also in the advertising.

829175874_Screenshot2022-12-01at18-49-01BolindersDieselenginesvintageadVintageadsVintageadvertisementsDieselengine.png.aa4d108dfcb4d332ed9626ab97a90a2d.png

;)

1 hour ago, John Brightley said:

Photo of Dory from the advert: 

7072260.jpg.50d73673cb76b629b86ecabef294c142.jpg

For the record the asking price is £64,950.

Nice stern considering it was a butty.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Orpheus 68A said:

yes correct,thankyou for clarifying that before i did,for the diehards that dont know aswell,it still retains its original motorboat swim and sternpost right up to the uxter plate area.so still a full motorboat.

And a nice prop......

16 hours ago, Orpheus 68A said:

yes correct,thankyou for clarifying that before i did,for the diehards that dont know aswell,it still retains its original motorboat swim and sternpost right up to the uxter plate area.so still a full motorboat.

Yes, the hole for the stern tube was still there

• 2 weeks later...