Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, Athy said:

Surely the advert says £20,000 or near offer, which sounds more realistic.

Two boats being discussed in parallel - one is Benevolence advertised at £20k, the other a Severner at £90k.

Alec

• Greenie 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

One of the views is looking out of the stern doors through a traditional(ish) back cabin arrangement and has the engine control linkage visible along the ceiling suggesting an amidship engine room.

You are absolutely right, of course.  I'd failed to see the significance of that view, and that it was an approximation to a back cabin.

Mike is right - we still have little idea about engine or engine room, (other than it is not whee it should be on one of the Charles Hill "Tree" Severners")

And it is STILL not worth 90K!!

1 hour ago, Tonka said:

I thought Severner had come down in price

I think it’s Badsey which has come down in price. The Severner is still on Apolloduck at £90k. Not sure which one it is though?

Alec

4 hours ago, twbm said:

to help advertise the sale of the Benvolence, built by Nursers

Ah, now then, I know you're only doing this to help others, but I think you've copied it wrongly.

Shouldn't it be Benevolence built by Nursers.

Violent Ben was a Nurse, who lived in Braunston, easily confused I realise.

3 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Ah, now then, I know you're only doing this to help others, but I think you've copied it wrongly.

Isn't this the boat we were poking fun at a year or two ago, when advertised as having being "Built at Braunston by nurses"?

5 hours ago, zenataomm said:

Bugger, you're right. I knew his evil cousin Mal. 

• Greenie 1

35 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I see Ethel is for sale on its own so I presume someone has purchased Starling.

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/fellows-morton-clayton-70-butty-for-sale/610806

Link appears to be to Venice, not Ethel.

Here's Ethel

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/narrow-boats-butty-for-sale/708709

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, junior said:

Badsey reduced to what looks like a reasonable price given the market. Also says in the title 'Now with free mooring', but doesn't give any further details in the advert about the mooring. 

"Now with fee mooring"seems fairly meaningless without further clarification.  Even assuming the seller owns the mooring, would there still not be an "end of garden" fee to be paid to CRT?  And even if seller is initially offering the mooring at no additional charge, for how long would that apply?

A nice boat, well presented, though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stagedamager said:

I have been following the rebuild of Hydrus/Raven, but 107k is on the steep side for her I feel.

Particularly in a market where BADSEY which seems a more interesting and charming boat, is failing to sell at £58k. Little more than half the price.

• Greenie 2

3 hours ago, spud said:

I cannot see where, if anywhere, you'd likely get a fully rebuilt GU motor boat (albeit not an original motor) which has been constructed to this exemplary high standard for anything approaching the price asked. A fully riveted starn end, wooden cabin, straight sides and a newly built far ended with all the boxes ticked for those 'traditionalists' who expect an 'as built' persona for any future 'shows'.

This is a bullet proof '(40+years)' investment that provides an opportunity for any seriously interested party whether it be as a live aboard or otherwise.

2 hours ago, James Owen said:

I cannot see where, if anywhere, you'd likely get a fully rebuilt GU motor boat (albeit not an original motor) which has been constructed to this exemplary high standard for anything approaching the price asked. A fully riveted starn end, wooden cabin, straight sides and a newly built far ended with all the boxes ticked for those 'traditionalists' who expect an 'as built' persona for any future 'shows'.

This is a bullet proof '(40+years)' investment that provides an opportunity for any seriously interested party whether it be as a live aboard or otherwise.

... said a spokesman for the vendor...

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, James Owen said:

Any with any recent knowledge of how much these boats cost to re-build will know that James is absolutely spot on with his comments here. 

This boat would interest me far more than any other Historic Boat that has been on the market recently as you can clearly see that the work has been done so well and will be a great base for a fully converted boat.

10 hours ago, James Owen said:

This being a far better advert for the boat than the one on Apollo Duck. 

Several of the things you point out are not mentioned or highlighted in the advert and could do with mentioning.

And why the bizarre colour scheme, I wonder? Nor any photos for the interior.