Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Fell off production line 36. One of first batch with Alton. Not registered as dwelling until 37.

Bwb messed around with rubbing guards. Ours has some square edge some feather edge, depending on what was lying about when repairs were done. Some maintenance boats have extra guard, especially cut and shut boats. 

Saw the new owner struggling with it last year at Fradley. He had moved over to far for an oncoming boat and filled the mud box with weed.  Once he got going again he seemed to struggle going round the junction.

15 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Saw the new owner struggling with it last year at Fradley. He had moved over to far for an oncoming boat and filled the mud box with weed.  Once he got going again he seemed to struggle going round the junction.

I think sadly quite a few people fail to realise that an ex working boat...converted or not....handles very differently and requires a lot more thought and input to steer than your average clonecraft.

• Happy 1

36 minutes ago, max's son said:

You may be right wasn't it owned by  Matt Parrott in the midlands

There not matts pics or at least the ones he used to sell them, and it's not moored at there's either

If my memory serves, the chap who bought her last year had no experience of narrow boats but had "Owned a few motor cruisers though, how hard can it be?" quote, unquote.

He'd killed the L2 by the time he got south of Sutton's but, in his defence, he wasn't in custodianship of an engine with much more life ahead of it anyway so what chance did the old girl stand especially with a wooden conversion? 

• 1 month later...

7ft 3" wouldn't overly concern me.  I've pretty well done the network with similar, although I did carry a Tirfor.  I can see other things that might worry me more, like the distance between the blades and elum.

I've never heard of a Pelapone.  It looks meaty but I imagine you'd not even get a coat of paint for it.