Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

On 12/03/2021 at 10:20, Bee said:

I've only seen the cut off stern of a very old bantock with the wooden plank and bottoms and that was many years ago, doubt there's any left at all now.

Isn't the boat at the port store still got the plank and bottom? Or is this now steel? (Not the boat I saw it was on the themes years ago)

Edited by billybobbooth

It always amazes me that some boats get the treatment that many houses would have with plush fittings and furnishings. At some point access to the hull sides and bottoms are going to be needed from the inspection/maintenance point of view. Keep it simple.

• Greenie 2

13 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

When your wife is 5’ , she cant see over the hull sides when in the boat never mind if you stick a lid on it.

Thats why we sold Thaxted in 2000 

Look at windows on Chiswick and they are still very high. You need ladders to get out. 

But the bonus is that you have plenty of headroom, can have decent light fittings instead of the usual limpets and a full length bed in the back cabin. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Tim Lewis said:

Photographed it last year not realising that it was Historic! Another one for the collection

138 Brentford Waterways 26th July 2020.JPG

What an unsympathetic, soulless conversion.