Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Allyson Jervis said:

Some of the people who were talking about Birmingham know me very well.

I for one knew you owned Birmingham but only met you fleetingly when our paths crossed at Stourton junction a few summers ago. I knew why you were selling and now that its been sold hope that you can move on. It would be great to see you out and about on the canals in a different boat. I also hope that the new owners look after Birmingham as well as you did. I do have a couple of good photos of Birmingham if you would like them.

12 minutes ago, Foggy66 said:

Finally, New and Useless admit to selling lots of unfinished and crap boats for years......

"I believe Pacific is probably the most complete boat of its kind that we have had the privilege to sell here at Mercia."

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, noddyboater said:

I think David is confusing you with another Ally on the forum.

Me probably! We are definitely not the same people, and he is quite correct i couldn't be identified irl from my avatar! But not many of us could. 

9 minutes ago, Ally said:

Me probably! We are definitely not the same people, and he is quite correct i couldn't be identified irl from my avatar! But not many of us could. 

I seem to remember you looking like that at the end of a couple of banters.....

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Finally, New and Useless admit to selling lots of unfinished and crap boats for years......

"I believe Pacific is probably the most complete boat of its kind that we have had the privilege to sell here at Mercia."

We’ll we bought ours from there and there was 17 foot missing, so pacific is more complete. After 9 years it’s still work in progress!

They have sold a number of good old boats over the years. I couldn’t fault them, and it was our fourth old boat!

3 hours ago, Ally said:

Well I noticed that you had dressed down to meet me but lots of people do, I hadn't noticed that you were a different person altogether!?

• Happy 1

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/house-boats-narrowboat/652009

4768926.jpg.b4cba92c7a544e3efd1b5916933215c0.jpg

Interesting boat - I think it's a stylish conversion, in its own way. Used to be moored by the Dog and Doublet on the Birmingham and Fazeley.

Named 'Polly' but does anyone know what it was converted from ?

Its Buckby cans are also for sale on eBay at the moment -https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Pair-of-Beautiful-Barge-Ware-Canal-Ware-Buckby-Cans-C-1960s/283863549222?hash=item4217960526:g:vkYAAOSwPzNehKm~

Does look like it could be a Bantocks but there were numerous other builders of iron bcn station boats. Could equally be Harris or one of the others .

The shape of the stem makes me think Bantock. 

Edited by magnetman

1 hour ago, John Brightley said:

https://narrowboats.apolloduck.co.uk/boat/house-boats-narrowboat/652009

4768926.jpg.b4cba92c7a544e3efd1b5916933215c0.jpg

Interesting boat - I think it's a stylish conversion, in its own way. Used to be moored by the Dog and Doublet on the Birmingham and Fazeley.

Named 'Polly' but does anyone know what it was converted from ?

Its Buckby cans are also for sale on eBay at the moment -https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Pair-of-Beautiful-Barge-Ware-Canal-Ware-Buckby-Cans-C-1960s/283863549222?hash=item4217960526:g:vkYAAOSwPzNehKm~

Moored at Streethay when I last saw it.

Hull looks like a Bantock to me, though you won't see many that colour!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Moored at Streethay when I last saw it.

Hull looks like a Bantock to me, though you won't see many that colour!

That photo is outside Streethay paint dock and it is their phone number on the advert.

2 minutes ago, David Mack said:

" though you won't see many that colour!"

Been that colour for more than 40 years. I thought it was orrible when I first saw it and haven't changed my opinion. Was also moored at the top of Curdworth for many years. Did meet the people who owned it, but can't remember anything about them.