Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, stagedamager said:

Allybsc was the seller.

There you are then, it proves even more so it's the boat that matters. 

Owners and past owners are a minor part of the history.

Allybsc being the past owner is even less of his/her business, the clue being in the word "past"

Congratulations to the new owners.

45 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

There you are then, it proves even more so it's the boat that matters. 

Owners and past owners are a minor part of the history.

Allybsc being the past owner is even less of his/her business, the clue being in the word "past"

Congratulations to the new owners.

My original point was that rather than speculate on what was going on why not simply ask me, your point proves nothing.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, allybsc said:

My original point was that rather than speculate on what was going on why not simply ask me, your point proves nothing.

Because alot of people don't know who owns what boats, I'm buggered if I know who owns every working boat or tug or what there faces are or even the names or worst forum names. The fact you have a pic stood on the back means nothing, I could up load lots of pics of me on the back of boats don't mean I own them might just be a nice pic of me

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, cheshire~rose said:

Here is a line in the sand beyond which discussion ....

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's 4 1/2 lines. ?

3 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

Because alot of people don't know who owns what boats, I'm buggered if I know who owns every working boat or tug or what there faces are or even the names or worst forum names. The fact you have a pic stood on the back means nothing, I could up load lots of pics of me on the back of boats don't mean I own them might just be a nice pic of me

I had already participated in the discussion when my signature stated that I owned Birmingham, many people on here know me out in the real world. I've been on this forum since 2005.

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Well I for one didn't have a clue you owned it or that the owner was even on this forum

Nor I. Though having seen pictures of BIRMINGHAM before thought - Wow! Yes please.

It would be a pity if it was 'converted', but owners call the shots.

Just now, Derek R. said:

Nor I. Though having seen pictures of BIRMINGHAM before thought - Wow! Yes please.

It would be a pity if it was 'converted', but owners call the shots.

The new owners don't want to convert it but as it is now theirs it's entirely up to them what they do...but I'm not so secretly glad they don't.

Just now, billybobbooth said:

Secondi had no clue

Then why not quote Brians post instead of mine, would have been less confusing.

1 minute ago, Allyson Jervis said:

The new owners don't want to convert it but as it is now theirs it's entirely up to them what they do...but I'm not so secretly glad they don't.

Then why not quote Brians post instead of mine, would have been less confusing.

I did

1 minute ago, Derek R. said:

Bob might have meant 'seconded'.

Yes lol,

Too much for my brain today lol

5 hours ago, billybobbooth said:

I'm buggered if I know who owns every working boat or tug or what there faces are or even the names or worst forum names.

Anyways least its now sold to hopefully another person who will love her

8 minutes ago, Allyson Jervis said:

Some of the people who were talking about Birmingham know me very well.

Well that's the problem with forum identities versus real life. Until now you have been on here under a pseudonym and with an avatar that clearly wasn't you, and although you have over the years made references to your canal-based business, I had no idea who you were in real life, or what business you were involved with, or what boat(s) you owned. As far as I know we have never met in real life, but then how would I know? I suspect I am not the only longstanding forum member in this position.

• Greenie 3

Just now, David Mack said:

Well that's the problem with forum identities versus real life. Until now you have been on here under a pseudonym and with an avatar that clearly wasn't you, and although you have over the years made references to your canal-based business, I had no idea who you were in real life, or what business you were involved with, or what boat(s) you owned. As far as I know we have never met in real life, but then how would I know? I suspect I am not the only longstanding forum member in this position.

Are you talking to me here? My Avatar is me and I've never had a canal based business...what are you basing this on?

Well what a lot of posts and all I did was make an innocent post to a boat advertised on the duck that had been for sale for quite some time.  This thread after all is full of links to historic boats that have been for sale.  I was just browsing through the duck to pass a bit of time and was surprised that Birmingham came up.

Glad it has finally sold for you.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

Same here and I note you have done 2 or maybe 3 edits since I first saw your post