Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, noddyboater said:

At Northwich but I presume not being sold by Matt as the advert is a long way off their usual standard. 

Correct. Nothing to do with Matt or Rebekah!

14 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.  I have removed most of the website since it was used without my permission.

I'm very surprised there selling! Given they want to part ex too

16 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

Thanks for drawing my attention to this.  I have removed most of the website since it was used without my permission.

Can you not have the pics removed from the sale site? Bit harsh to not even ask given its your pics and site

2 hours ago, noddyboater said:

At Northwich but I presume not being sold by Matt as the advert is a long way off their usual standard. 

I'll say.  There are at least fifteen grammatical errors in the Apollo Duck advert :(.

5 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

Best thing. Out of order.

4 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

I'll say.  There are at least fifteen grammatical errors in the Apollo Duck advert :(.

Ask them to spell your forum name. ;)

I only counted 14.

Edited by mark99
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

Have you tried asking apolloduck to take the ad down on the basis that it infringes your copyright?

8 hours ago, David Mack said:

Have you tried asking apolloduck to take the ad down on the basis that it infringes your copyright?

I'm pleased to say that the advertisement has now been changed and there is now no use of my material. (Well, there's still my picture of the Kelvin, but I'll let that pass).

Edited by koukouvagia
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, junior said:

I get that it's a bit cheeky and understand  professionals have a financial investment, but is it really a massive deal to use a few pictures on an advert? Or is there another issue here? 

No. 

If I'd been asked I would have gladly given permission to link to my website, provided it had been made clear that the  pictures in the advert were lifted from my site.  Also a potential buyer might think that the boat as described on my website was as it is now.

All the advert needed to say is something like: "You might like to visit narrowboatowl.com to see how the boat was restored by a previous owner".

My website is clearly for all to see and some have found it interesting to read about the history of the boat.

I hope that Owl goes to an owner who will cherish it.  It is a lovely boat.

4 minutes ago, koukouvagia said:

: "You might like to visit narrowboatowl.com to see how the boat was restored by a previous owner".

My website is clearly for all to see and some have found it interesting to read about the history of the boat.

I would indeed, but it comes up as "temporarily unavailable".

17 hours ago, koukouvagia said:

No. 

If I'd been asked I would have gladly given permission to link to my website, provided it had been made clear that the  pictures in the advert were lifted from my site.  Also a potential buyer might think that the boat as described on my website was as it is now.

All the advert needed to say is something like: "You might like to visit narrowboatowl.com to see how the boat was restored by a previous owner".

I hope that Owl goes to an owner who will cherish it.  It is a lovely boat.

Totally agree, I found it confusing that is had your pics on even with your butty but then wasn't you selling, I find it quite annoying when you look at adverts with the info or pics is either old or from previous sales. Dosnt give a good representation of how the boat is now.

It put me off going to look at a few boats as the info was old and old pics 2-5 years go, things change alot in this time

What I really enjoyed was watching the film of your butty HAMPTON reversing at Braunston and thinking "What on earth is going on there, narrow boats don't dance like that!" It took a bit of digging to work out what was going on. What a machine!

If she is genuinely for sale for £1 ill buy her!

I knew that ownership wouldn't last once they realised the work needed,

Well ill soon find out

Edited by billybobbooth

"No day dreamers or time waster . . . she is priced realistically".

He has a way with words.

Complete cabin rebuild, new bottoms and I can't help but wonder how much bondo has been squeezed in those planks.

It would make a lovely boat though.

3 minutes ago, Derek R. said:

"No day dreamers or time waster . . . she is priced realistically".

He has a way with words.

Complete cabin rebuild, new bottoms and I can't help but wonder how much bondo has been squeezed in those planks.

It would make a lovely boat though.

Would make lovely spares

18 minutes ago, Bee said:

I'd love to have it but I've reached the age when I can only manage one boat, one wife and one car to maintain. There was a time though.......

Does it have to be ONE of each though!

Perish the thought as to which of the other two would go to make room for a second boat! ?

28 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

that's a fairly big ask, even for a besotted enthusiast

Not really 25-35k on new bottoms, then you have chines if it needs it, then there is the cabin and engine room work, then you got all Sheering if it any good and replace. That before you've even touched the rest of the hull,

It will also depend on how much weight you put in her as to how high up the current planks become an issue, top 2-3 planks all round if not used for much loading you can prob get away with being a bit worse than others, bottom 3 including chine at back and 2 from middle including chine are the ones in the water. Other planks depending where they are can be done in the water as you have near 0 risk to the boat, becomes more a problem when you need to steam and bend as the boat will move while you trying to bend the planks.

Edited by billybobbooth