Historic Boats for sale online

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

So is that a Yarwoods FM&C stern with a modern bow section ?

4329149.jpg

Or did they reunite the two parts at some point and do a lot of steelworks on the bows?

Edited by magnetman

2 hours ago, Darrenroberts said:

I was moored opposite Lapwing a few months ago at city road basin in London. I saw it go backwards and forwards a few times with a few  volunteers but she basically just sits there, or so I’ve seen. I wasn’t aware it was for sale? Is it still/ has it been advertised? Or was this a few years ago? 

Malcolm must have sold lapwing then as it was available not that long ago as I enquired about it, but was too much for me. I assume your talking about the fmc lapwing that was converted into a trip boat/bar 

2 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Malcolm must have sold lapwing then as it was available not that long ago as I enquired about it, but was too much for me. I assume your talking about the fmc lapwing that was converted into a trip boat/bar 

Yeh that’s the one, strange I’ll cycle down the cut tomorrow to see if it’s still there as iam just the other side of the tunnel. do you have a contact for Malcolm? And if you don’t mind me asking what was he asking for her when u  enquired? 

13 minutes ago, Chris-B said:

Both ends put back together mate ....to keep it right ... you only had to ask ...

I wondered if it was your boat. Not really up to date with things lately. 

Nice item. 

3 minutes ago, Darrenroberts said:

Yeh that’s the one, strange I’ll cycle down the cut tomorrow to see if it’s still there as iam just the other side of the tunnel. do you have a contact for Malcolm? And if you don’t mind me asking what was he asking for her when u  enquired? 

Malcolm is on here, bargeboy (think that's correct) if not he's on Facebook which is how I normally talk to him. Not sure of price to be exact but was in the mid to high 20s I think it was

9 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Malcolm is on here, bargeboy (think that's correct) if not he's on Facebook which is how I normally talk to him. Not sure of price to be exact but was in the mid to high 20s I think it was

That’s great Brilliant. Thanks again to all for your advice and leads. 

12 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

A few for sale https://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/boats-for-sale/brokerage/

Nice job on the stern. The top tubbing band is a bit thin on the counter compared with the very generous originals on these boats. 

Not sure about the 3 pot John Deere engine but you could do worse I suppose. 

Edited by magnetman
  • Greenie 1

47 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That 46ft Les Allen "Hinksford" is a nice boat. If I was in the market for a narrow boat I would be well tempted by that. Nice size as well for doing lots of boating in without getting too tired. Noisy engine though is a bit of a nuisance but bullet proof. 

Edited by magnetman

21 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Nice job on the stern. The top tubbing band is a bit thin on the counter compared with the very generous originals on these boats. 

Not sure about the 3 pot John Deere engine but you could do worse I suppose. 

Last time I was on LITTLE ACORN it was fitted with a Ruston Hornsby, and I think it also had 3 cylinders :captain:

• Greenie 1

13 hours ago, magnetman said:

Does it blow smoke rings?

Or am I thinking of the BD3. 

The BD3, I think, is the Beta marinised Ford dexter tractor engine but de-rated. There were other companies which did a much better job of marinising it and getting more power out of it I believe

Yes Lister CRK3 was one of the other Ford ones. 

I recall the Beta BD3 having a smoke problem possibly related to excessively low tickover speeds. 

Edited by magnetman

19 hours ago, Chris-B said:

Both ends put back together mate ....to keep it right ... you only had to ask ...

She looked awesome moored at Pyrford. Shame you are selling. "Nellie the elephant" 3LW. :)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, stagedamager said:

The BD3, I think, is the Beta marinised Ford dexter tractor engine but de-rated. There were other companies which did a much better job of marinising it and getting more power out of it I believe

At low revs mine will  sometimes puff rings, I don't know how different they are to the CRK3, I have the Lister manual with mine.

On 07/06/2020 at 18:34, matty40s said:

Ah, his boats are special self steering boats too....?

Jules has added several boats to the fleet in the past few years, good business to be had with the increased liveaboard population. Never going to be a millionaire, but hey ho.

Do you have a link to the self steering boat please? I remember seeing the video some years ago. Wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Edited by monkeyhanger
Added info.